The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
First new music in a while from my own little Popular Beat Combo, and the first 'proper' music video we've done. So - arty, political, and you can dance to it - perhaps apart from the bits in 10/8. Headphones or volume recommended - and please give it a like if it resonates with you on any level!

View: https://youtu.be/w_E-ljCIzjA

mudsticks

Squire
You know what you must do.

Yea, and verily forsooth, indeed.

I have been in possession of said kindling machine for many a merry measure of year.

In bygones past I've evaded the 'not giving any money to the evil barstewards' conundrum, by only ever availing myself of the vintage, and indeed priceless tomes to be found thereupon.

It might divert ones literary perusal more toward the annals of yesteryear, but personally, one sees little intellectual damage arising from such antiquarian consumption.

mudsticks

Squire
Found art..
PXL_20221128_211113289~2.jpg

One of my classes, inadvertently made a rainbow with their coats last week .

Ian H

Guru
Personally I prefer the analogue version, but I do like the digital conversion. Something I've been playing around with, but I do struggle with it a bit. Prefer getting my hands dirty!

The digital one was just a very quick sketch after photographing the water-colour.
And yes, physical paint and media is more satisfying for some reason. Though I do remember my best mate at uni who would don a suit before starting on a painting, to discipline himself into working neatly & precisely (in oils, so messiness had consequences).

mudsticks

Squire
Personally I prefer the analogue version, but I do like the digital conversion. Something I've been playing around with, but I do struggle with it a bit. Prefer getting my hands dirty!

I went for a nice meander through the lanes today, and stopped for a chat with a friend who shared some of her artistic stitches.

Our conversation ended up wandering towards personal creativity in general.

After a bit I realised what had been bugging me for a while..

I bring quite a lot of creativity to my work, teaching, relationships, home life, travel, activism even.

But what I've neglected to do for some time is bring creativity to creativity for its own sake.. Not for any particular purpose, just because.

It's all stuff I've thought about before but sometimes you just forget, and need to remind yourself..

Anyway, I'm going to do more projects just because - how 'indulgent'

It was a lovely day all the same.

PXL_20221206_131136861.MP.jpg

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
I went for a nice meander through the lanes today, and stopped for a chat with a friend who shared some of her artistic stitches.

Our conversation ended up wandering towards personal creativity in general.

After a bit I realised what had been bugging me for a while..

I bring quite a lot of creativity to my work, teaching, relationships, home life, travel, activism even.

But what I've neglected to do for some time is bring creativity to creativity for its own sake.. Not for any particular purpose, just because.

It's all stuff I've thought about before but sometimes you just forget, and need to remind yourself..

Anyway, I'm going to do more projects just because - how 'indulgent'

It was a lovely day all the same.

View attachment 2633

It was on a Devon lane, in spring, shamefully late in life, that the conjunction of smooth columnar trunks, branches vaulting across the void overhead and the sunlight dappling through the freshest greens and pinks of beech and copper beech new leaf, as through stained glass, that I finally comprehended church architecture.

Ian H

Guru
It was on a Devon lane, in spring, shamefully late in life, that the conjunction of smooth columnar trunks, branches vaulting across the void overhead and the sunlight dappling through the freshest greens and pinks of beech and copper beech new leaf, as through stained glass, that I finally comprehended church architecture.
Indeed.
church.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
Yes indeed, inspiration would likely have arisen in a nearby beech hangar.

The woods, fields, lakes

PXL_20220831_094558117.jpg

And the mountains are my temple .

Heaven on earth :angel:

Top Bottom