The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
Further proof that Brasseye was, in fact, a prescient documentary

Screenshot_2023-03-27-20-07-18-280-edit_com.mi.globalbrowser.jpg

multitool

Shaman
But what about the poor laughing addicts?

What is being done to help them? Shouldn't the government be offering them help to beat their laughing addiction rather than just criminalising them? What about allowing GPs to prescribe slow release Jim Davidson DVDs

Ian H

Guru

What is being done to help them? Shouldn't the government be offering them help to beat their laughing addiction rather than just criminalising them? What about allowing GPs to prescribe slow release Jim Davidson DVDs

My childhood dentist used laughing gas. I don't recall finding it funny.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Litter and ASBO are one thing but presumably they're running a simultaneous compassionate public health campaign and providing funding to support engaging the youth in other less harmful activities?

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

B022BDDA-4623-4333-AD60-911902C3972C.jpeg

winjim

Joking aside there has been an increase in the number of people presenting with complications due to nitrous use. It's not benign.

What I've seen are more of those large canisters where before it used to be small canisters and balloons. So I bet kids aren't just having one or two hits for a bit of a laugh, they'll be huffing loads of the stuff. It is becoming more of a problem.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Joking aside there has been an increase in the number of kids presenting with complications due to nitrous use. It's not benign.

What I've seen are more of those large canisters where before it used to be small canisters and balloons. So I bet kids aren't just having one or two hits for a bit of a laugh, they'll be huffing loads of the stuff. It is becoming more of a problem.
Nah...I don't think it's anywhere near the problem there making it out to be.Maybe as a littering thing...there again I see far more Mctakeaway shIte than empty cannisters.

Ian H

Guru
Joking aside there has been an increase in the number of people presenting with complications due to nitrous use. It's not benign.

As bad as the obesity epidemic and the health complications resulting from that?

winjim

Nah...I don't think it's anywhere near the problem there making it out to be.Maybe as a littering thing...there again I see far more Mctakeaway shIte than empty cannisters.

It can cause irreversible damage to the spinal cord. Maybe it's not happening in huge numbers but they're rising enough for it to have been mentioned at network meetings and I have seen cases.

As bad as the obesity epidemic and the health complications resulting from that?

I'm not sure what your point is. Maybe lay off the chips and the nitrous? It's not one or the other.

Top Bottom