The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What, that I liked a post? I don't even remember which one you're referring to, and frankly I don't care.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
What the hell? You remember what posts people like?! Jeezo.

Observing which users “like” which posts is a popular hobby on here, for some ;)

BoldonLad

Not many, that was what made it so exciting. Double points for any car not painted black.

Hours of endless fun.

We had only one car in our street, of about 100 houses, it was bit boring, having a collection of one registration number. I suppose, there was slight excitement, the lone car had a two tone paint job, black and maroon.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
We had only one car in our street, of about 100 houses, it was bit boring, having a collection of one registration number. I suppose, there was slight excitement, the lone car had a two tone paint job, black and maroon.

I lived near a main road. I could sometimes get 20+ numbers in a day, excluding buses. Had to be quick with the pencil.

BoldonLad

I lived near a main road. I could sometimes get 20+ numbers in a day, excluding buses. Had to be quick with the pencil.

With that kind of throughput, you must have had to keep alert. I do hope you carried a spare pencil, just in case, or, at the very least, a pencil sharpener and/or penknife. ;)

Beebo

Veteran
Im glad to see that Australia are not putting King Charles on their bank notes. (But will on coins)
Hopefully the start of a sensible move to withdraw from the monarch as head of state.
It seems bonkers to me that fully fledged countries like Australia, NZ and Canada still have a British head of state.
I’m not advocating a similar move in Britain because I can see some benefits to our flawed system with a hereditary, benign head of state. But can’t for the life of me work out why the other countries haven’t just told us to bugger off by now.

Top Bottom