The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
It usually takes a foreigner to point out the risible nature of a monarchy in the 21st century, such is the success of indoctrination from birth of UK citizens.

It's hard to make a sensible case for a monarchy, least of all in a society with such ingrained systemic inequality, of which ghe monarchy is a part.

icowden

Legendary Member
It's hard to make a sensible case for a monarchy, least of all in a society with such ingrained systemic inequality, of which ghe monarchy is a part.
If we didn't have one, then yes, it wouldn't really make sense to start one. However, as we do have one, it does have its uses. It needs to change though.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Usually, but is there any great appetite amongst most of the UK public to completely abolish the monarchy, right now? I think most people would like to see it gradually slimmed down quite a bit and Charles has that view too.

I reckon in 30 years we'll see a very small Royal Family of just K, Q, and sprogs, Commonwealth just a historic name, Australia a republic, changes to titles of OBE and so on. Australia will go first, I think.

D

Deleted member 28

Usually, but is there any great appetite amongst most of the UK public to completely abolish the monarchy, right now?

Perhaps Charlie's coronation will be a good measure of it's popularity, followed by William's.

I would wager the anti monarchists will have a while to wait until they can fully empty their sacks at the thought of a Royal family free Britain.

Barbados has already gone.

It's all that schitt they smoke, maaan...

matticus

Guru
I know what it means; that’s why I think it’s the wrong word.

Me too but poverty, hunger, and the Conservatives will continue too and all right-thinking people are against them, aren’t they?

I suspect your own personal definition of "right-thinking" may be doing all the work there.

Top Bottom