The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

I've explained why several times.

The monarchy exists by public consent.

There is absolutely no sign of that consent being withdrawn.

Quite the reverse, the monarchy remains hugely popular.

"I like the monarchy because I like the monarchy"

Even by your own risible standards, you've surpassed yourself with this.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
A friend of mine recently quipped on the occasion of his 70th birthday 'the last gown they wrap you up in doesn't have pockets'!

I shall insist upon pockets -

- for my pamphlets 🌈

D

Deleted member 28

Yours is a counsel of despair. I'm a bit more optimistic about pushing for change. I find it weird that you feel constitutional change is impossible, and yet Brexit was exactly this and people such as yourself pushed for it. In fact, Brexit probably had more of an effect on people's lives (purely negative ) than a change to a republic would, at least in the short term.

Maybe your lack of self-regard and your feeling of personal impotence is a symptom of the monarchic class system. You are ground down into the position in society that you are told you have.

I'm surprised that someone with your obvious vigour accepts this so readily. In every other way you come across as a fighter. But faced with people who tell you they are better than you, you lie down.

So you still can't answer my simple question, why do you care?
All the rest of the cr*p you post is just word soup with no meaning.

Who is 'better ' than anyone on here anyway?

Better at what, stringing a sentence together you may be, building an Engine I may be?

So once again why do you care so much?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I'm pleased you agree with that. I had written you off some months ago, but recently you've been making far more enlightened and thoughtful posts, so I think I misjudged you.

Either that or AndyCXR has just recalibrated the bar :laugh:

Thank you for your approval.

Any list of “opportunities” we council house estate plebs are debarred from then?

mudsticks

Squire
Thank you for your approval.

Any list of “opportunities” we council house estate plebs are debarred from then?

You honestly don't think that you're not, or have never been excluded from certain opportunities by how you speak, where you went to school, and or by not knowing how to 'behave' in certain social situation.?

The 'class' system is very much alive, and disturbingly well in this country.
If you haven't noticed you've really not been paying attention.
Is it just coincidence that so many public school types are in parliament, and other positions of power and influence.??

The 'royal' family and their hangers on, help perpetuate this whole system of privilege by birth..

BoldonLad

You honestly don't think that you're not, or have never been excluded from certain opportunities by how you speak, where you went to school, and or by not knowing how to 'behave' in certain social situation.?

The 'class' system is very much alive, and disturbingly well in this country.
If you haven't noticed you've really not been paying attention.
Is it just coincidence that so many public school types are in parliament, and other positions of power and influence.??

The 'royal' family and their hangers on, help perpetuate this whole system of privilege by birth..

I didn't say that.

What I asked for was examples of such exclusions.

Personally, I think I could have done better, but, I don't think I was excluded on "class", in fact, as a "working class boomer" I think I was given good opportunities, some of which are not so readily available now.

mudsticks

Squire
I didn't say that.

What I asked for was examples of such exclusions.

Personally, I think I could have done better, but, I don't think I was excluded on "class", in fact, as a "working class boomer" I think I was given good opportunities, some of which are not so readily available now.

It's pretty hard to give examples of negatives, or things that 'didn't happen' especially for someone you don't know.

But people are routinely excluded by 'class' from all sorts of things because you know they're not quite 'one of us' are they??.
'Old boys' network, and so on..

Good though, that you see that there are even fewer opportunities for 'uplift' now, than there were when you were younger.

Me too.

But some older people (of all backgrounds) really don't seem to get (or want to acknowledge) that.

Pale Rider

Veteran
"I like the monarchy because I like the monarchy"

Even by your own risible standards, you've surpassed yourself with this.

Do you really not understand simple sentences?

I said the monarchy exists by public consent.

While the majority of the public want it, it will remain.

You asked the question, you have your answer.

Just because you don't like the answer, you have to insult the person giving it to you.

Which is moronic.

BoldonLad

It's pretty hard to give examples of negatives, or things that 'didn't happen' especially for someone you don't know.

But people are routinely excluded by 'class' from all sorts of things because you know they're not quite 'one of us' are they??.
'Old boys' network, and so on..

Good though, that you see that there are even fewer opportunities for 'uplift' now, than there were when you were younger.

Me too.

But some older people (of all backgrounds) really don't seem to get (or want to acknowledge) that.

I didn’t particularly mean opportunities which I had been excluded from, but, more those which, in general, those of my “class” are excluded from.

multitool

Do you really not understand simple sentences?

I said the monarchy exists by public consent.

While the majority of the public want it, it will remain.

You asked the question, you have your answer.

Just because you don't like the answer, you have to insult the person giving it to you.

Which is moronic.

No. I asked you why you liked the monarchy. Your only response so far is to repeat that you like them.

For somebody that frequently passes comment on others' intellectual capacity you really are astoundingly dim :laugh:

Pale Rider

Veteran
Another goalpost shift.

So you are now asking why I like the monarchy, rather than why I'm convinced it will out last me.

I've also answered that one many times.

You don't accept any of those answers, fine, but they won't change the more you ask.

To achieve your aim, you need to convince a majority of the public.

I can't see anyone buying your feudal yoke/class system schtick.

The bloke on the sink estate will not believe his lot will achieve by abolition of the monarchy.

He might think they are not providing him with much practical benefit, but that's not the same thing, and will not be enough to get an abolish bandwagon rolling.

multitool

No goalposts shifted, by me at least.

I have noticed your tenancy not to be able to conduct a conversation with several people at once. You'll have forgotten by now, by a couple of days ago you were attributing to me comments that were not made by me.

When challenged you pivoted into victimhood as a means of deflection.

mudsticks

Squire
I didn’t particularly mean opportunities which I had been excluded from, but, more those which, in general, those of my “class” are excluded from.

Cabinet positions.
High judiciary.
Directorships of multinationals.

Off the top of me 'ead for a start.

Not 'entirely' excluded from, but very very much harder for you to have attained, that kind of power and influence, than those from 'well connected' backgrounds.

Top Bottom