The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Of course they cost us money. The civil list is about £1 billion a decade.

The coronation alone is estimated to have cost a quarter of a billion.

And you "believe in" that shîte :laugh:

Are you the same as poor old Pale Rider in that you can't actually explain why?

Do they generate MORE money than they cost is the question, I thought you were smart?

I don't 'believe in' in anything, I don't mind them.

I certainly don't despise them and don't really give them much thought unless something is happening to bring them to my attention, I really enjoy the frustration you people seem to have and your never ending quest to get them banished though.

multitool

Do they generate MORE money than they cost is the question, I thought you were smart?

That is up to the people who make this claim to prove...but they never do. No figures ever produced, just amorphous wobble about 'influence', as if a foreign business would choose to invest in the UK instead of another nation gecause they like seeing the King wearing a silly gown and riding in a gold coach.

Besides, how is it that other republic states manage to attract investment (often more than UK) without having a Monarchy?

It doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I really enjoy the frustration you people seem to have and your never ending quest to get them banished though.

I enjoy seeing your annoyance at Gay Pride festivals, because you can't stand seeing people who diverge from the norm. The hallmark of every redneck bigot

D

Deleted member 28

That is up to the people who make this claim to prove...but they never do. No figures ever produced, just amorphous wobble about 'influence', as if a foreign business would choose to invest in the UK instead of another nation gecause they like seeing the King wearing a silly gown and riding in a gold coach.

Besides, how is it that other republic states manage to attract investment (often more than UK) without having a Monarchy?

It doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I enjoy seeing your annoyance at Gay Pride festivals, because you can't stand seeing people who diverge from the norm. The hallmark of every redneck bigot

I've only asked if they generate more than they cost and I would bet a penny to a pound if they did and you could prove it you'd be knocking one out over your keyboard whilst providing the link so I guess we all know the answer.

We could f**k all these asylum seekers off and save us 6million a day.

D

Deleted member 28

I only mention these things as an example of something that my tax money is spent on that I haven't 'voted' for in response, they can mince and ponce about all they like for me I don't have to look at them.

Is that no we don't know or no they cost the country?
No, we don't know, not least because we won't agree on which costs are included and which would be required anyway. But once again, it's not just about the money.

I don't really want to pay for things like the policing of gay pride marches or any left wing demonstrations but there you go.
I don't want them there either, mostly.

D

Deleted member 28

Or we could allow them to work and pay taxes, thereby making money for the country.

I'm sure they would all find jobs and create 6mill per day between them, either way it's something else I haven't 'signed up for' just like you and the Royal family.

Sh*t isn't it?

D

Deleted member 28

Or we could allow them to work and pay taxes, thereby making money for the country.

According to people on here there aren't that many so how much would they need to earn each in order to recoup 6 million per day?

multitool

I've only asked if they generate more than they cost and I would bet a penny to a pound if they did and you could prove it you'd be knocking one out over your keyboard whilst providing the link so I guess we all know the answer.

You can't prove a counter factual.

You'd know this if you had a brain.

We could f**k all these asylum seekers off and save us 6million a day.

No, we couldn't actually because we have legal obligations.

This is what cùnts like you don't understand. AS could stay in France...but then what if France doesn't admit them and says they can stay in Germany. Then what if every country says that up to the point there IS no asylum system? You wouldn't care because you're a parochial prìck who can't see beyond the end of his nose.

D

Deleted member 28

No, we don't know, not least because we won't agree on which costs are included and which would be required anyway. But once again, it's not just about the money.
I can guarantee if you thought they cost more than they bought in you would have provided proof by now and you know it.

multitool

I can guarantee if you thought they cost more than they bought in you would have provided proof by now and you know it.

As I just said, you can't prove a counter factual.

The question you should ask yourself is how do Germany "bring in" more money than us, when they have no monarch.

D

Deleted member 28

You can't prove a counter factual.

You'd know this if you had a brain.

No, we couldn't actually because we have legal obligations.

This is what cùnts like you don't understand. AS could stay in France...but then what if France doesn't admit them and says they can stay in Germany. Then what if every country says that up to the point there IS no asylum system? You wouldn't care because you're a parochial prìck who can't see beyond the end of his nose.

Got your big pants on again?

I love a keyboard warrior like you, one minute all intellectual and flexing their educational muscles the next resorting to girly name calling.

As I've said in the past the internet must have been a massive release for people like you because it affords you somewhere you can play the big man without having to back yourself up, brilliant.

I enjoy the foreplay though. X.

D

Deleted member 28

As I just said, you can't prove a counter factual.

The question you should ask yourself is how do Germany "bring in" more money than us, when they have no monarch.

I don't care about Germany, the whole point of this debate is that people complain of their taxes being spent on the Royal Family, my reply is if they make more money than it costs then we aren't losing out financially are we?

Would our taxes be reduced if they were abolished?

I don't want my taxes wasted on asylum seekers but what say do I have in that other than at the poles, but there we have it.

You have the Royal family to contend with I have the asylum seekers to contend with spunking my money up the wall.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
According to people on here there aren't that many so how much would they need to earn each in order to recoup 6 million per day?

Why don’t you do a bit of research and figure that out for yourself?
You might learn something that backs up your position, or not.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom