These Covid Polices Are Going Well .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

When this pandemic began, M&S used to have an NHS staff only hour on Friday mornings (8-9am) and my wife got into the habit of grocery shopping there at that time on her way to work. For the first time in nearly two years, I went in there with her this morning and was interested to see how many shoppers wore masks and how many didn't. There were quite a few in the clothing area going towards the grocery area without masks but as if by magic, once they saw someone in a nurses uniform - my missis, masks appeared on faces! She said if she goes not in uniform, this doesn't happen but when she is in uniform, it's like a message goes out to say, 'you don't want to be on the wrong side of the medical profession here'!

Maybe, like the effect a cardboard policeman has on the rate of shoplifting when placed in store entrances, a cardboard nurse - mask on, suitable message visible - should be placed in areas with low mask compliance?
Why does your missus wear her uniform outside of the hospital, unless she isn't patient facing, that's not really very good for infection control is it?

icowden

Legendary Member
Why does your missus wear her uniform outside of the hospital, unless she isn't patient facing, that's not really very good for infection control is it?
Not all Nurses work in hospitals. Community Nurses (for example) work in the Community. It is also possible for Nurses to have to nip somewhere to buy their lunch either during, or on the way to work. Not all Nurses are working with people who are infected.

It's a big NHS :-)

D

Deleted member 28

Not all Nurses work in hospitals. Community Nurses (for example) work in the Community. It is also possible for Nurses to have to nip somewhere to buy their lunch either during, or on the way to work. Not all Nurses are working with people who are infected.

It's a big NHS :-)
As I said, unless patient facing, no reason to ever wear your uniform outside of the Ward.

Get changed if going to the shop, infected patients aren't the issue but bringing infection from the street into the Hospital is.

icowden

Legendary Member
As I said, unless patient facing, no reason to ever wear your uniform outside of the Ward.

Get changed if going to the shop, infected patients aren't the issue but bringing infection from the street into the Hospital is.
And as I said; why are you assuming that this Nurse works on a Ward?

D

Deleted member 28

And as I said; why are you assuming that this Nurse works on a Ward?
I'm not, that's why for the 3rd time, I said unless patient facing.

What part aren't you understanding?

If working with patients in hospital there is no reason to wear your uniform in the street therefore increasing the risk of taking infections in.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjr

What are you trying to say shep?
As usual
y-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.jpg

D

Deleted member 28

It's that reading thing you're having trouble with again, the offer still stands for my Daughter to advise?

mjr

It's that reading thing you're having trouble with again, the offer still stands for my Daughter to advise?
And as before, I urge you to seek her help with your logic, but she may have to refer you elsewhere to get you up to 2-4yrs level of coherence.

D

Deleted member 28

And as before, I urge you to seek her help with your logic, but she may have to refer you elsewhere to get you up to 2-4yrs level of coherence.
My logic stems from the fact you are unable to read plain English, I admit the odd comma may or may not be in the correct place but I'm pretty sure you understand perfectly well what I'm saying.

This leaves me with Two trains of thought, you really do have a problem with your reading and require some professional help or you're just trying to be a smartarse?

I think we both know it's not the former but unfortunately you're pretty shyte at the latter.

mjr

My logic stems from the fact you are unable to read plain English, I admit the odd comma may or may not be in the correct place but I'm pretty sure you understand perfectly well what I'm saying.
Sometimes. Sometimes not, especially when your problem is more severe than the placing of an odd comma, such as when you use completely the wrong punctuation, or omit it entirely and then you stray from "plain English" into "word salad".

This leaves me with Two trains of thought,
But unfortunately, you've only got a one-track mind, so they've collided and derailed!

D

Deleted member 28

Sometimes. Sometimes not, especially when your problem is more severe than the placing of an odd comma, such as when you use completely the wrong punctuation, or omit it entirely and then you stray from "plain English" into "word salad".

But unfortunately, you've only got a one-track mind, so hey've collided and derailed!
As flattered as I am for your concern over my apparent lack of understanding where the written word is concerned, may I ask if I'm the only poster that's worthy of your attention in that respect or are there others?

I've yet to hear anything remotely comical or original from you yet and suggest you remove the dildo from your rectum and lighten up a bit. 😉

mjr

As flattered as I am for your concern over my apparent lack of understanding where the written word is concerned, may I ask if I'm the only poster that's worthy of your attention in that respect or are there others?
No.

I've yet to hear anything remotely comical or original from you yet and suggest you remove the dildo from your rectum and lighten up a bit. 😉
"Evidence of primitive humour. The human displays knowledge of satire and imitation. With patient tuition, could perhaps master simple tasks."

Top Bottom