These Covid Polices Are Going Well .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
It feels like people are taking things seriously again. This may be due to the government mask policies, or that people might be seeing relatives and colleagues getting diagnosed with COVID even after two vaccinations (I know I am).
Vitamin C and Zinc in the diet or as supplements are also good ideas. Before vaccination became the default position there was a fair amount of news around this.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Vitamin C and Zinc in the diet or as supplements are also good ideas. Before vaccination became the default position there was a fair amount of news around this.
The Zoe app people did some research on this and found that the strongest health benefit was Vitamin D. The benefit, however, was marginal. But still more than negligible so worth doing, IMO.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

What the fark are covid-sceptic MPs going on about, "find a way to live with the virus"? How does one "live with" a non-sentient virus which kills a small but significant proportion of the population and does fark knows what else to sufferers who are slow to recover? Seems like there are too many snowflake MPs who would surrender in a war.

D

Deleted member 28

What the fark are covid-sceptic MPs going on about, "find a way to live with the virus"? How does one "live with" a non-sentient virus which kills a small but significant proportion of the population and does fark knows what else to sufferers who are slow to recover? Seems like there are too many snowflake MPs who would surrender in a war.
Like living with Flu I expect, Jabs, boosters, what's the problem?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

The same way we live with the other "killers" (Heart Disease, Cancer, etc, etc). We are all going to die, eventually, of something.

Milzy

The same way as all the other stuff we face in life. Why is this virus so special? You seem to have been mind washed by the BBC & other main stream media.

Ian H

Guru
The same way as all the other stuff we face in life. Why is this virus so special? You seem to have been mind washed by the BBC & other main stream media.
Because it can cause long-term debilitating illness. Because seriously ill patients on ventilators spend days or weeks in ITUs, blocking beds and thus forcing cancellation of other operations. Because there is a significant risk of death from catching it. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

There alternative 'facts' available in the grubbier recesses of the internet.

mjr

The same way we live with the other "killers" (Heart Disease, Cancer, etc, etc). We are all going to die, eventually, of something.
We don't live with heart disease — we fight it! Nationally by research and spending and personally by cycling for example, or in my case, by taking stonking drugs with a black triangle label on them!

We don't just give up and say oh well let the bodies pile up to avoid mildly inconveniencing the economy. Nothing stops economic activity as effectively as death!

mjr

You seem to have been mind washed by the BBC & other main stream media.
Actually, it was the Bike Bashing Corporation which was giving unchallenged airtime to these lily-livered cowards. I think the Overton window is being positioned for Boris's attempt to avoid another lockdown after Christmas even if it's needed.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Actually, it was the Bike Bashing Corporation which was giving unchallenged airtime to these lily-livered cowards. I think the Overton window is being positioned for Boris's attempt to avoid another lockdown after Christmas even if it's needed.
I just googled ''Boris Grinch'' and got this....
il_1588xN.3360152118_jz07.jpg

D

Deleted member 28

We don't live with heart disease — we fight it! Nationally by research and spending and personally by cycling for example, or in my case, by taking stonking drugs with a black triangle label on them!

We don't just give up and say oh well let the bodies pile up to avoid mildly inconveniencing the economy. Nothing stops economic activity as effectively as death!
Funny, I thought there had been a massive vacine rollout, then a booster programme and a hundred different restrictions and instructions to tackle this Virus.

It's all over the News, take a look. 👍

Funny, I thought there had been a massive vacine rollout, then a booster programme and a hundred different restrictions and instructions to tackle this Virus.

And when, as is the case, that's not stopping Omicrom causing hospital admissions and deaths we need more than plan B.

The headbangers on the Government benches are clearly out to stop that.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

You are not the only one "fighting" heart disease, I think I just have a more realistic outlook on the outcomes.

In the past, there have been numerous "killers", some of which still exist in the third world (malaria, smallpox, polio, to name but a few). Science eventually discovered treatments, but, in the mean time, life, for the majority, went on.

Top Bottom