Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
I didn't leave her...she threw me out!

Oh dear, but I get the impression things turned out well enough for you.

Oh dear, but I get the impression things turned out well enough for you.
Thank you.
Yes, am in some ways (on the surface) very fortunate - but also have paid a huge personal price.
Mrs FF had a Coutts account because her father was a branch manager, not because of any wealth! Apart from a couple of grand towards the deposit for our first flat, we/I never had a penny from anyone.
Mrs FF now has the delightful John, I have my Wimpers and the roofs over our heads are paid for. We all get-on exceptionally well as a modern blended family - and money can't buy that....

Last edited:
Does Farage's evidence clearly state that this decision was made on the basis of his political views?
Banks and other financial organisations being risk-averse invest a lot of miney into researching all aspects of clients dealings. That a report us generated stating his views are not in tune with the Bank is not a surprise. The question is whether that's the overiding reason why he was downgraded from First Class to Economy - which is pretty much what's happened here. He's not been deplaned....

Am certain he's been depubbed before, so he has a track record.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

spen666

Does Farage's evifence clearly state that this decision was made on the basis of his political views? Banks and other financial organisarions being risk-averse invest a lot of miney into researching all aspects of clients dealings. That a report us generated stating his views are not in tune with the Bank is not a surprise. The question is whether that's the overiding reason why he was downgraded from First Class to Economy - which is pretty much what's happened here. He's not been deplaned....

Am certain he's been depubbed before, so he has a track record.

Why should a bank be considering if someones political views align with theirs in the first place?

CXRAndy

Guru
There is a interview with a former Coutts staff member. He says there are literally thousands who don't have the balance levels to meets Coutts - many are staff members with bank accounts. They have around 80,000 bank accounts, some for the rich and celebrity.

The Telegraph has formed a number of questions that really should be answered to find out the whole sorry story

CXRAndy

Guru
Why should a bank be considering if someones political views align with theirs in the first place?

It was a dossier of his tweets, likes of other postings. A McCarthy type research piece to justify their actions. Obviously internal, never thinking it would be released to the public.

Remember Subject Access Request if ever come up this situation.

Who knows, maybe corporate ethics really is a thing?
It's probably one of many pieces of information that banks at that level compile about their clients. Much the same as the police might collect about people of interest.
Do you believe Farage was denied his Coutts account on the basis of his views alone?

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
Do you believe Farage was denied his Coutts account on the basis of his views alone?

Coutts internal paperwork says he was booted out due to his views and public persona.

Seems at first they tried to portray it as a financial decision.

This has been an object lesson on how not to respond to a story.

multitool

Pharaoh
It's definitely a story of PR incompetence.

I still can't find any tears for 'man of the people' Nigel Farage being denied a bank account at Cou, and I can see why they were concerned about having this turd of a human associated with them.

Top Bottom