Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Tell me which person who wasn't an MP, steered the UK out of the EU, by forcing the government into a referendum, where the majority voted to leave the EU.
You missed the end of your sentence:-

Tell me which person who wasn't an MP, steered the UK out of the EU, by forcing the government into a referendum, where the majority voted to leave the EU following a campaign of misinformation, scare tactics and untruths and which later was found to have illegally overspent, despite which the Government, in hoc with the orchestrators of the Brexit vote, decided to honour the view given by the non-binding and illegally run referendum.

CXRAndy

Guru
You missed the end of your sentence:-
icowden wrote below in bold
following a campaign of misinformation, scare tactics and untruths and which later was found to have illegally overspent, despite which the Government, in hoc with the orchestrators of the Brexit vote, decided to honour the view given by the non-binding and illegally run referendum

The government correctly followed the wishes of the referendum.

I doubt the government, prime minister at the time was in hoc.

Lets try and remember, the government with slight of hand spent £9 million on nationwide leaflet drop before the campaigning began extolling the benefits of staying in the EU.

Just about every institution, big business, actors, musicians, US presidents, triple act former prime ministers all were engaged in rhetoric against voting to leave. let alone the EU politicians.

Despite all that, the country still voted to leave. If it had been a fair, even campaign the result would have likely been a landslide to leave.

Im sure the £675k over spend on the leave side made a huge difference.

It smacks of still to this day of sore losers

Screenshot_20230724_042102_Chrome.jpg

This is not my personal opinion,

But

You lost suckers :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
At least the losers didn't do a Trump and claim the count was bent.

But they did - and continue to do - almost everything else to undermine the result.

I suspect their crushing sense of injustice at losing was heightened by an expectation of victory.

multitool

Pharaoh
The 'poor loser' rhetoric is pretty indicative of a simple, unsophisticated mind and an immature approach to a political situation that has blighted lives with no advantages to anybody.

Most of all, the result has undermined itself. The current polling is that an overwhelming majority regret the result, which means that a large number of Leave voters have changed their mind. This is, in itself, very telling as to the scale of the disaster as to admit one was wrong and/or seduced by lies is a pretty large psychological step to take. People can see that, for example, UK inflation is much higher than neighbouring countries who are equally affected by the pandemic and the Ukraine war. They watch the news and see exporting business going under due to brexit red tape.

And all this under an avowedly Brexiteer government.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
The 'poor loser' rhetoric is pretty indicative of a simple, unsophisticated mind and an immature approach to a political situation that has blighted lives with no advantages to anybody.

Most of all, the result has undermined itself. The current polling is that an overwhelming majority regret the result, which means that a large number of Leave voters have changed their mind. This is, in itself, very telling as to the scale of the disaster as to admit one was wrong and/or seduced by lies is a pretty large psychological step to take. People can see that, for example, UK inflation is much higher than neighbouring countries who are equally affected by the pandemic and the Ukraine war. They watch the news and see exporting business going under due to brexit red tape.

And all this under an avowedly Brexiteer government.

That's pretty much what the 'remainers' said back then, the leave voters were thick.

It was a one on one vote. The remain campaign lost.

Suck it up, or if the country that voted for leave doesn't appeal, maybe look at those wonderful countries still in the EU.

I'm sure with your education, skill set, financial purse, you could easily find nirvana just over the channel.

multitool

Pharaoh
That's pretty much what the 'remainers' said back then, the leave voters were thick.

It was a one on one vote. The remain campaign lost.

Suck it up, or if the country that voted for leave doesn't appeal, maybe look at those wonderful countries still in the EU.

I'm sure with your education, skill set, financial purse, you could easily find nirvana just over the channel.

More dunderheaded stupidity from AndyCXR.

Turns out many of his co-voters aren't as thick as he is.

CXRAndy

Guru
More dunderheaded stupidity from AndyCXR.

Turns out many of his co-voters aren't as thick as he is.

The man on the street had as much power than the high and mighty in power. That's what really stings, that bitter taste, of everyone, everything thrown at remain and still lost the vote.

I wish you well, but every now and then you'll have the referendum vote pop into your mind, that vein at the side of your head will start pulsing.

Mind you don't give yourself a stroke :okay:

Screenshot_20230721_074428_Chrome.jpg

multitool

Pharaoh
The man on the street had as much power than the high and mighty in power. That's what really stings, that bitter taste, of everyone, everything thrown at remain and still lost the vote.

So, just the same as every election then, you utter turnip.

I wish you well, but every now and then you'll have the referendum vote pop into your mind, that vein at the side of your head will start pulsing.

Mind you don't give yourself a stroke :okay:

View attachment 4302

I don't think you are capable of working out how I feel about the referendum, because you exist in a state of mental puerility, which, in the face of reality smacking you in the face and your co-voters abandoning the cult in droves, drives you to make pathetic remarks like this.

My response to you isn't anger. It's pity.

mudsticks

Squire
icowden wrote below in bold
following a campaign of misinformation, scare tactics and untruths and which later was found to have illegally overspent, despite which the Government, in hoc with the orchestrators of the Brexit vote, decided to honour the view given by the non-binding and illegally run referendum

Lets try and remember, the government with slight of hand spent £9 million on nationwide leaflet drop before the campaigning began extolling the benefits of staying in the EU.

Just about every institution, big business, actors, musicians, US presidents, triple act former prime ministers all were engaged in rhetoric against voting to leave. let alone the EU politicians.

Despite all that, the country still voted to leave. If it had been a fair, even campaign the result would have likely been a landslide to leave.

View attachment 4300
This is not my personal opinion,

But

You lost suckers :laugh:

Everyone lost because some people were suckered in by a bunch of expensively promoted lies.

The evidence is there for all to see.

It would seem that some find it much easier to believe simplistic (and xenophobic).untruths than consider the more complicated truth.

Hope you're enjoying the sunny brexit uplands anyhow.

Meanwhile, there's more than a few who would like to know about all these tremendous 'brexit benefits'...

Howsabout being a champ, listing those 'benefits' here, and then telling everyone where they can be enjoyed.

Otherwise all this talk of 'winning' brexit is total and utter bahoolix.

icowden

Legendary Member
I disagree. After the opinion was polled using the referendum, the Government failed to carry out due diligence, failed to assess the economic impact, failed to make a business case and failed to do any of the things they promised in the Leave campaign. If they were a board of directors running a company they would have been summarily dismissed for incompetence.
Aren't you the cockeyed optimist.
I know. Weird isn't it that the only people backing Leave were the clinically insane and those that stood to make a lot of money.

I disagree. If it had been a fair even campaign it would have required at least a 60% majority. A more or less 50/50 decision is not a decision that any company or political body should take as being an indication of the will of the people.

It does. It made the campaign illegal and thus voided the referendum.

No. It smacks of all the people who have lost money, lost jobs and lost opportunities whilst Boris and his cronies rake in more cash.

615b203b280000140ea7296b.jpg

CXRAndy

Guru
I disagree. After the opinion was polled using the referendum, the Government failed to carry out due diligence, failed to assess the economic impact, failed to make a business case and failed to do any of the things they promised in the Leave campaign. If they were a board of directors running a company they would have been summarily dismissed for incompetence.

Aren't you the cockeyed optimist.

I know. Weird isn't it that the only people backing Leave were the clinically insane and those that stood to make a lot of money.

I disagree. If it had been a fair even campaign it would have required at least a 60% majority. A more or less 50/50 decision is not a decision that any company or political body should take as being an indication of the will of the people.

It does. It made the campaign illegal and thus voided the referendum.

No. It smacks of all the people who have lost money, lost jobs and lost opportunities whilst Boris and his cronies rake in more cash.

View attachment 4303
I uphold your right to be free to disagree :okay:

mudsticks

Squire
I uphold your right to be free to disagree :okay:

Go on Andy, don't be shy, do tell us what you (or even we) 'won' by believing con-men like Farage.??

A lot of people who swallowed the lies, now realise they were duped by self serving shysters.

It seems, you still think it's all great - tell us how please.

Top Bottom