Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Peter Oborne should now be thanking Nigel Farage for his high profile, that gets things done.

I love the North Islington Corbynistic political speech too, way to go Pete :okay:

CXRAndy

Guru
NatWest CEO Dame Alison Rose admits leaking false story about Nigel Farage :ohmy:

Soon to be ex CEO. Could not really be anyone else.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
NatWest CEO Dame Alison Rose admits leaking false story about Nigel Farage :ohmy:

As you know, it's customary to post links to stories.

I see Rose has had the dreaded vote of confidence.

Were she a footie manager she would be 'sacked in the morning'.

Interesting how the banks are so keen to play the confidentiality card to face down public complaints from customers.

But when it suits, that's all forgotten.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66307353

CXRAndy

Guru
As you know, it's customary to post links to stories.

They all know I just make up stories :laugh:

But on this one, it's everywhere.

Her place is untenable. If this was any manager, counter clerk, they would be sacked on the spot.

She is in the vortex now it's only a matter of time.

When the prime minister has full faith, they will be gone

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
I don't really see how it is false given that the dossier provided by Farage himself directly states that he is not financially in hock to Coutts and does not meet their banking criteria. They specifically say that they tend to move him off once the mortgage is repaid. If he has 2 million in the bank he woul;dn't have a mortgage.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
I don't really see how it is false

Well, Rose who leaked it and the BBC who published it have both admitted the story was false and both apologised, as has the hack who wrote it.

In other words, everyone concerned with the story, including Farage, says it's false.

I think that rather trumps what you or I think.

CXRAndy

Guru
I don't really see how it is false given that the dossier provided by Farage himself directly states that he is not financially in hock to Coutts and does not meet their banking criteria. They specifically say that they tend to move him off once the mortgage is repaid. If he has 2 million in the bank he woul;dn't have a mortgage.

The dossier says he is financially viable. The main reason was they don't like his political views

CXRAndy

Guru

He could have an offset mortgage

icowden

Legendary Member
He could have an offset mortgage
He repaid it.

all UK clients and expats are required to save £3m+ or borrow (such as through a mortgage) or invest more than £1m with Coutts.
He hasn't got more than 3 million in the bank or more than 1 million invested in Coutts. He did have a mortgage through them. Now he doesn't. In 2019 he said he had no money. Bye bye Nigel.

CXRAndy

Guru
He repaid it.

He hasn't got more than 3 million in the bank or more than 1 million invested in Coutts. He did have a mortgage through them. Now he doesn't. In 2019 he said he had no money. Bye bye Nigel.

Yet there are literally thousands who don't have the funds and still have Coutts accounts.

A former employee has stated so.

This is political dislike, attack on his free speech.

The claims were false to justify the debanking.

BBC have admitted, NatWest admitted and now Dame Alison has admitted the story was false.

Ian H

Guru
Yet there are literally thousands who don't have the funds and still have Coutts accounts.

A former employee has stated so.

This is political dislike, attack on his free speech.

The claims were false to justify the debanking.

BBC have admitted, NatWest admitted and now Dame Alison has admitted the story was false.

Nowhere in this report is there any mention of false information being given. The only admission is that confidentiality was not respected. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66307353

Top Bottom