Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
There are now comments coming from government that Coutts will have to go much further in resolving N Farage dispute

When he is blocked from 10 other banks, they have all grouped together and black balled him over his free speech

Well, not him because he was offered a NatWest account. Do we know if his business is him as a sole trader or does he have a limited company?

In your world, does every business have an obligation to trade with every other company? How would that work? For example, when I ran a company I turned away some potential customers on ethical grounds. Would that still be possible?

CXRAndy

Guru
Well, not him because he was offered a NatWest account. Do we know if his business is him as a sole trader or does he have a limited company?

In your world, does every business have an obligation to trade with every other company? How would that work? For example, when I ran a company I turned away some potential customers on ethical grounds. Would that still be possible?

Banks offer a service which should be available to all.

CXRAndy

Guru
All individuals?
All businesses?
Criminals?
No criteria at all?

Why?

Well banks already cater for criminals, even Coutts has some, very high profile South American dictator, Russian gangsters.

If you need a business account then yes, it should be available

Well banks already cater for criminals, even Coutts has some, very high profile South American dictator, Russian gangsters.

If you need a business account then yes, it should be available

Would you do away with the requirement for banks to report suspicions about fraud, money laundering or other criminal activity? No “Know Your Customer” regulations? No risk assessment for loans or overdrafts?

I don’t believe you’ve thought this through, have you?

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
If he's been black balled it's for the usual reason - being an peanut.

He'll have my sympathy when he can't buy food or pay for his leccy meter card.

That's a horrid insult against quite blameless protein rich legumes.
🧐

All individuals?
All businesses?
Criminals?
No criteria at all?

Why?

I'm not going to go through all the rigmarole an attempt would involve, to try to prove a pointless point, plus I already have a perfectly serviceable business banking account.

But it's my guess that messrs Coutts and Co - fancy bankers to the rich (and quite probably dodgy) would not be in the slightest bit interested in taking on my just-a-bit-less-than multi squillion pounds account.

Should I feel hard done by??

Silenced??

'Cancelled' even 🤔

CXRAndy

Guru
Coutts is a bank selling status. It's not about the money. Natwest is for money.

Lucky that that hasn't happened to Farage then. He was offered a Natwest account.

He had a business account and a personal account.

Not unreasonable to want both.

NatWest must be wondering why they just didn't give him both at the start of July.

This has opened a whole new campaign. Banks must be cursing Coutts/NatWest for turning the spotlight on their woke agendas

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Would you do away with the requirement for banks to report suspicions about fraud, money laundering or other criminal activity? No “Know Your Customer” regulations? No risk assessment for loans or overdrafts?

I don’t believe you’ve thought this through, have you?

Should it include personal opinion on subjects, what you said to your friends, your discussions with you doctor. If banks are allowed to be moral arbiters when making financial decision on whether you're allowed a bank account, where do you think it should stop.

Example

Just look at this the opposite, the banks are all right wing supremacist leaning. You as a black person are told you're not allowed a bank account anymore ,because you openly support black rights for equal opportunity. Would you think that was fair, No I dont think so?

I don’t believe you’ve thought this through, have you? :whistle:

Top Bottom