Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It looks as if all those of us who detest Farage are going to accept we have egg on our faces in our glee at seeing him embarrassed.

Farage 1 Coutts/Natwest 0

In talking to Jack about Farage's banking arrangements Rose was completely out of order.

She will probably keep her job because of the apology and because, by all accounts, she has been doing a good job as Natwest CEO.

CXRAndy

Guru
Mr Jack, who tweeted his apology, said his story had been "from a trusted and senior source".
"However, the information turned out to be incomplete and inaccurate. Therefore, I would like to apologise to Mr Farage," Mr Jack continued

mudsticks

Squire
So you're happy with the annual 4% drop in GDP and that the UK is now a laughing stock worldwide?

I assume that you're also happy with the lies, racism, the Breaking Point poster, the death of an MP (on the same day that poster was revealed) and the missing 350million a week for the NHS.

If that what makes you happy, I'd hate to see what makes you upset.

Thing is Cookie some people really don't give a shoot about what you or I might call 'society' or even humanity.

It's all about scrabbling over the next person to get 'ahead' financially or otherwards..

That "Me first always" might be an understandable (if somewhat unheroic) reaction in a true life or death situation such as say escaping an earthquake.

But for some - it seems to be a general operating philosophy for life.

They'll grift, and approve the grift of others, if it gets them what they personally want.

Zero conscience - sod everyone else - or the consequences.

There is potential for a change in attitudes , but I'm not sure the censure of random folks on t'internet are likely to bring it about.

Yet there are literally thousands who don't have the funds and still have Coutts accounts.

A former employee has stated so.

This is political dislike, attack on his free speech.

Quite how is not having a Coutts account an 'attack' on Farriges freeze peach??

His financial status notwithstanding -
As a business if they don't want his custom, if they don't want to be associated with his nasty views, and dodgy dealing, grifting ways.

Should they not be 'free' to disassociate themselves from him, if they feel he brings them into potential disrepute.??

He can talk about it all he likes it would seem, and clearly is doing so..
He's hardly been muzzled has he ??
That'd be some hope 🙄

CXRAndy

Guru
His financial status notwithstanding -
As a business if they don't want his custom, if they don't want to be associated with his nasty views, and dodgy dealing, grifting ways

First banks should not be making political decisions on customers accounts. They are banks for money

I would agree with you if and it's a big if. Cash was still a viable way to operate in life. But banks have almost eliminated cash and only want online, cashless system.

To debank is to literally cancel someone out of society

CXRAndy

Guru
They offered him a NatWest account, didn’t they?

He had a business account and private account.

He has a black mark against his name placed there by Coutts.

If it was a commercial decision only with no credit issues(no reason to suspect that), he would have been able to secure new facilities relatively easily.

I have just set up a business account and the ridiculous hoops to get one, despite all my other accounts with the same bank for over 30 years.

He had a business account and private account.

He has a black mark against his name placed there by Coutts.

If it was a commercial decision only with no credit issues(no reason to suspect that), he would have been able to secure new facilities relatively easily.

I have just set up a business account and the ridiculous hoops to get one, despite all my other accounts with the same bank for over 30 years.

Is that a yes or a no?

CXRAndy

Guru
20230725_202701.gif
I’m a vegetarian

This explains a lot

Top Bottom