Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's about having the right to an account without background checks on your politics. There are many other incidences of this. Plus the right to have a bank account.

I like the fact they the banks picked on the wrong fella :laugh:

Everyone has a right to a bank account, not a Coutts account.

I would love to know why so many people cower whenever this traitor rears his ugly head?

He had a business account and a personal account.

Not unreasonable to want both.

NatWest must be wondering why they just didn't give him both at the start of July.

This has opened a whole new campaign. Banks must be cursing Coutts/NatWest for turning the spotlight on their woke agendas

Hold up. The same financial institutions that crashed our economy in 2007/8 have a woke agenda?

Are you trolling?

D

Deleted member 159

Everyone has a right to a bank account, not a Coutts account.

I would love to know why so many people cower whenever this traitor rears his ugly head?

I doubt he wants his Coutts account anymore. But 10 other UK banks have refused his applications.

He has been blackballed. No bank should have that power. Coutts have already acknowledge his finances were fine in their private dossier.

Its not like folk go around bragging which bank they are with. Generally it is a private matter, no bank is exposed having Nigel Farage as a customer. He didn't publicise which bank had cancelled him, it was the press who did that (blame Paley :biggrin:). He just brought the matter of de-banking to the forefront

Its not like he's going to do a Mulvaney and advertise for them. :laugh:

He wants a personal and business account.

I guess you dont like him on your Christmas card list :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 159

If she or her company have not done anything fraudulent, then she should not have had her account cancelled. I dont care if you're loony left or right wing nut job. Banks should not be able to cancel your account. It should be a right to have a personal and business account (obvious checks)

Banks should free to impose reasonable extra costs if the account is more difficult to administer.

D

Deleted member 159

Hold up. The same financial institutions that crashed our economy in 2007/8 have a woke agenda?

Are you trolling?

It was 16 years ago, lots have changed since then. When were you born ?

multitool

if you think Farage is doing this for "the common man" you are a mug.

This is, as always, about Farage, because Farage's income relies upon constant outrage exposure.

Which is funny considering you are the person employing the puerile and passé device "triggered".

D

Deleted member 159

Another MP has come forward with similar experience

Mr Philp told Sky News:

(The rules) were designed to stop essentially members of foreign governments who had obtained their money dishonestly from using the UK banking system to essentially launder it.
So, the rules are set up for the right reasons but MPs quite often get caught by these pep rules because they’re applied kind of overzealously.
It is not spoken about much but if you look at almost any MP they will have had an experience like this, I think the Nigel Farage case is an extreme one, but I’m afraid it’s not unique.
When asked if he has had difficulty accessing financial services, Mr Philp said: “My family have actually, I don’t want to go into detail.”

multitool

Another MP has come forward with similar experience

Mr Philp told Sky News:

When asked if he has had difficulty accessing financial services, Mr Philp said: “My family have actually, I don’t want to go into detail.”

Have you not realised that the Tories are using this as an election campaigning tactic?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom