Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
Hiding behind internet bullshite will get you nowhere with anyone who has an inquiring mind.

Having said that, there's clearly a few dumbos on here, including me, who are seeing right through you.

I think you may be a busted flush.

Perhaps it's time you moved on to other more receptive pastures.

Oh, and still no answer as to what the Tories are up to.

D

Deleted member 159

Multifool uses the same play book as monkers, insult their way through a thread.

Monkers even after great diligence that I was in fact Aurora .

could it be, the opposite is true

multitool

Hiding behind internet bullshite will get you nowhere with anyone who has an inquiring mind.

Overselling yourself somewhat. You are very clearly thick as mince.

Having said that, there's clearly a few dumbos on here, including me, who are seeing right through you.

What, you, AndyCXR and Shep? The three greatest minds of the century :laugh:

I think you may be a busted flush.

Perhaps it's time you moved on to other more receptive pastures.

Ooh. Needling you, am I? Good. :hello:

Oh, and still no answer as to what the Tories are up to.

I already told you, and then gave a screenshot of James Cleverley's twitter feed as evidence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
I genuinely don't think that either you or Pale Rider deserve any other response than pure derision.

Oh dear, and all because someone disagrees with diddums on the internet.

What can one do with a mewling child?

I suppose just leave the little blighter to get on with it.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Please, please @jowwy come back

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
£850 million wiped off the flat lining share price of NatWest. Probably data breach enforcement from the information commissioner, fines that could run into hundred of millions.

Economic secretary hauled the banks into a meeting

Economic secretary Andrew Griffith told the bosses of some of the UK’s biggest banks on Wednesday that it is important to protect freedom of expression.

Mr Griffith added: “I hope the whole financial sector learns from this incident. Its role is to serve customers well and fairly – not to tell them how or what to think.”

Speaking to reporters after the meeting, he said: “It is absolutely important, the Government has been crystal clear throughout, that no one should be de-banked because of their political opinions or something within the law that they have said.”

The Treasury said the bank bosses at the meeting had committed to “the principle of non-discrimination based on lawful freedom of expression.”

They also said they would bring their policies in line with the Government’s planned reforms as soon as possible.

The new rules will mean banks have to give 90 days’ notice before closing an account and spell out the reasons for shutting it down. Banks can avoid giving reasons if doing so would interfere in a criminal investigation.

How a bank would do this without alerting a customer to an ongoing criminal investigation was not explained.

The meeting was attended by Barclays UK chief executive Matt Hammerstein, HSBC UK boss Ian Stuart, Philip Robinson, a managing director at Lloyds, Nationwide boss Debbie Crosbie, NatWest retail banking head David Lindberg, Santander UK boss Mike Regnier, Sheldon Mills from the Financial Conduct Authority and James Babbage from the National Crime Agency.

While NatWest may not be the best performing share on the LSE, it is only down by about 5% over the past 12 months, so, hardly a "crash" in my view, possibly, more of a buying opportunity.

Pleased to see Ms Rose walked the plank however, she should have had more sense than to blab to a reporter.

multitool

£850 million wiped off the flat lining share price of NatWest. Probably data breach enforcement from the information commissioner, fines that could run into hundred of millions.

Wonder what it was that caused it to drop even lower last autumn

Screenshot_2023-07-27-09-44-27-954_com.mi.globalbrowser.jpg

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
Pleased to see Ms Rose walked the plank however, she should have had more sense than to blab to a reporter.

I think one of the reasons Sunak stuck his oar in is only last week he appointed her to his Business Council think tank type organisation.

It is imminently due to discuss banking standards, a discussion which would have been ridiculed were Rose involved in it.

Getting Rose the tin tack from Nat West enabled Sunak to sack her from his Business Council, thereby avoiding a potentially politically embarrassing situation.

She's also gone the journey from a couple of eco quangos.

A proper hero to zero week for her.

Top Bottom