Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
😂

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpeg
    IMG_0242.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 15
D

Deleted member 159

Gina Miller has now come forward and said her bank is closing her accounts.

She banks with Monzo currently, but struggled initially to get an account setup in the UK in 2021, many banks refusing her applications.

Now Monzo has decided to close her account, without comment.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

She banks with Monzo currently, but struggled initially to get an account setup in the UK in 2021, many banks refusing her applications.

First they cancelled the Brexiteers and I did not speak out because I was not a Brexiteer, then they cancelled the Remainers and I did not speak out because I was only a lukewarm Remainer.

Next they will cancel me and there will be no one to speak out...well not quite, I am sure you will speak out for me.

Bloody wokies, can't they make their minds up?

I understand that, technically speaking, they have cancelled her political party's account. The truth will emerge over time.

D

Deleted member 159

The rules of attaining an account and loss need to be overhauled.

It was never solely about N Farage, he just was the poster boy to bring it up again. I know this has been going on for quite a while

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Given the number of crooks and criminals from this country and around the world who have bank accounts in this country it would be a bit pathetic if they kicked people off just because of their political or other views...if that is widely happening.

I am not convinced it is as widespread as Farage claims, but it gives him a platform, central stage again, and makes him feel relevant, so he will milk it for all its worth.

The rules of attaining an account and loss need to be overhauled.

It was never solely about N Farage, he just was the poster boy to bring it up again. I know this has been going on for quite a while

So you keep saying but you're light on proper evidence, or at least evidence of it being done unfairly or capriciously. In Farage's case Coutts mishandled it but sacking him would not, were these action subject to the same oversight as those of public authorities, be seen as 'Wednesbury unreasonable'.

Monzo have said they cocked up in opening the account.

One can understand why a low cost 'disruptor' bank would not want to get involved in the kind of business that might impose significant and expensive regulatory load.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
It's quite possible to dislike how both operate.

Imagine that?

Being able to hold two whole thoughts in one's head, at any one time.

I suppose hating everyone and everything is an option, but, in this case, watching people stick up for the normally hated banks is amusing.

No quandary, no dilemma. No need to side with either. Amusingly feeble attempt at political controversy, though.

I suppose those at the butt of the joke rarely find it funny.

Top Bottom