Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

That may or may not be correct, but, we are not going to rejoin anytime soon are we?, Neither Starmer or Sunak are likely to take that course of action, and, although the Lib Dems actually won a seat, I cannot see Ed in No 10, can you?

Depends what you mean by soon. I suspect Labour's reticence will evaporate just as soon as they have confidence that it won't cost them electorally. I think that moment is inevitable and will happen in first term

But that wasn't the point I'm making.

Farage, Mr Brexit, is really just a populist hack. The Brexit game is up, so he is pivoting to anything that can get him attention, whether it be small boats or being denied an account at the most elite of banks.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Depends what you mean by soon. I suspect Labour's reticence will evaporate just as soon as they have confidence that it won't cost them electorally. I think that moment is inevitable and will happen in first term

But that wasn't the point I'm making.

Farage, Mr Brexit, is really just a populist hack. The Brexit game is up, so he is pivoting to anything that can get him attention, whether it be small boats or being denied an account at the most elite of banks.

That, I never doubted ;)

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
That may or may not be correct, but, we are not going to rejoin anytime soon are we?, Neither Starmer or Sunak are likely to take that course of action, and, although the Lib Dems actually won a seat, I cannot see Ed in No 10, can you?

This brings to mind my only regret about Brexit.

I was convinced the public would kick the EU into touch, so on polling day I had a look at the odds, there being no fresh opinion polls.

It looked like 12-1 for Leave, which I thought can't be right for a two-horse race so assumed I'd misread the betting site and left it.

Of course, it was 12-1, and my frustration was only increased the next day when a barrister told me he'd had £1,000 on.

"Handy £12,000 boost to finances," I said, not really trying to sound pleased for him.

"£13,000 actually," he replied. "I got my grand back as well."

That's all I needed - a missed betting opportunity and an encounter with a clever barrister.

icowden

Legendary Member

I can see Starmer starting to move in the right direction. He doesn't have the balls to go "This was a fark up, we need to rejoin" but he does have the ability to propose closer ties, perhaps rejoining the single market etc under the guise of undoing some of the worst bits of Brexit.

I can see us essentially having similar freedoms just without any say in Europe for a while.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
His involvement in the giant Tory plot has now cost the chief executive of Coutts his job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66328666

From the article, sounds like he has done the "honourable" thing, well done him, not many would do that, these days.

Farage is an arse, in my view, but, I think it right and proper that Mr Flavel and Ms Rose should walk the plank over this. They showed a lack of good judgement, not least because, knowing Farage's reputation, they should have exercised more care not to feed him

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
His involvement in the giant Tory plot has now cost the chief executive of Coutts his job.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66328666
The hilarious thing is that Farage will think that the he's the reason the chap has stood down.

D

Deleted member 159

The honourable thing to do now is for Coutts to say sorry and immediately reinstate N Farage accounts. Or NatWest give him the same accounts.

That will take the heat out this firestorm. Or this will run and run

D

Deleted member 159

People, who have had long term business with NatWest are now pulling their money out of NatWest. Closing accounts because the bank doesn't align with their values

Hurt them in the pocket always works

I too have an account, but it has no money in it. I use a credit card from them, but always pay it off each month, so they earn little to nothing from me.

I suppose I could close it for symbolic reasons

Well, well, well. What’s Farage’s cut we wonder? Enough to rescue his Coutts account?

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpeg
    IMG_0241.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 24
D

Deleted member 159

I understand he shorted his position last year, before the N Farage de-banking kicked off this year.

If there were no substance to the accusations, no need for Coutts CEO to resign. :whistle:

Its today when NatWest announce its figures and Chairman is questioned at shareholder meeting. Its gonna be a bloodbath for him

Barclays were questioned about de-banking yesterday- they dont like it up em :laugh:

D

Deleted member 159

Did you watch Maitliss yesterday, completely missed the truth in an attempt to spin it about posh bank and one account.

I find it amusing the Coutts dont want Nigel Farage for his political stance, but when under pressure Natwest would offer him an account. If they were to offer him a business account also , it might settle. :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 159

Many others are coming forward now to say they were debanked, virtually all of them without any reason.

Top Bottom