Tory MP stabbed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Like the irony of someone who puts up links and posts calling for an end to the hatred and aggression in political discourse, while posting about someone being a Nazi?

Stupid boy, calling Patel a Nazi is justified - @Bromptonaut says so.

Whatever you think about applying the Nazi label to Ms Patel the bit quoted above is not insulting.

Rather it is a statement of opinion

It can be supported by facts.

Not to mention someone who is keen to like posts which do nothing other than insult those they disagree with.

Stupid boy, calling Patel a Nazi is justified - @Bromptonaut says so.

Not to mention someone who is keen to like posts which do nothing other than insult those they disagree with.

I made no comment on whether applying the Nazi moniker to Patel was justified. My point was that describing the current government as corrupt or liars was an opinion capable of being supported by reference to facts.

As for likes I don't apply a great deal of thought. I probably thought the insults either apt or amusing.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I made no comment on whether applying the Nazi moniker to Patel was justified

You said 'it can be supported by facts'.

Looks like justification to me.

Whatever, it's a nasty, ignorant, thoroughly unpleasant insult which has no place in a supposed civilised discussion.

Particularly when hurled by people who are calling for everyone to be kinder to each other.

You couldn't make it up, but around here you don't have to.

Not that I put Ms Patel beyond criticism, far from it, for a start she's not the sharpest chisel in the set.

Salty seadog

This new forum is going swimmingly, isn't it?

As it always was to be. It's a bear pit. Some are now really letting go and going full froth.
Some are not.
The reasonable seem to still be reasonable in general.

The unreasonable seem to to be more unreasonable in general.

Some of those inclined to insult are now taking the gloves off.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
As it always was to be. It's a bear pit. Some are now really letting go and going full froth.
Some are not.
The reasonable seem to still be reasonable in general.

The unreasonable seem to to be more unreasonable in general.

Some of those inclined to insult are now taking the gloves off.
Those references to who's been getting the likes, do you think they might be feeling unloved?

Salty seadog

Those references to who's been getting the likes, do you think they might be feeling unloved?

I don't think the dynamics have changed much, more the freedom to push it without consequence of moderation.

I think this forum will sink itself as people lose faith in the quality of debate.

This would seem to be the way this government likes to behave.

Dolorous Edd

The irony of a politics forum that was expelled from Cyclechat for its inability to discuss issues without resorting to nasty abuse, which has since upped its game on nasty abuse, decrying the use of nasty abuse in politics...

Last edited:
Top Bottom