Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru

stowie

He never said that it was ''unlimited free speech'' maybe that's some left wing media's take on it be he never said it.

Maybe that was what some of his MAGA fanboys thought Twitter was going to become. Specifically a platform where you could spout as much bile as you like without any consequences. The backlash to Musk "limiting free speech" wasn't from the lefty wokes but the Trumpist MAGAs.

He wanted to balance the bias, last week he retweeted an journalist who came with ''the twitter files'' exposing that the then twitter management played in cooperation with the democrats to play down the amount of traction/attention the story about Biden's son and the shoot found on his laptop got. Ironically not Trump's made up voter fraud but the way that story was held down had argument ally more effect on the us election outcome
It also made clear how much was done without (seeking) permission and/or knowledge from then ceo Jack Dorsey, so his apologies' after Musk mass sackings might have something to do with that.

Total BS. The files show that Biden has a deeply troubled son who has issues with a lot of things including substance abuse. Twitter were walking a fine line and the revelations show that it was probably justified in banning some of the more outlandish Biden laptop conspiracy theories.

Also an very interesting argument from the democrats was that freedom of speech apparently isn't absolute if you can suppress it to win elections that's apparently fine.

Meh, suppressing elections?! Unlike, say, the Trumpists who Musk supports who tried a wholesale insurrection of the election. Suppressing election is utter nonsense.

But i understand those tweets didn't get any attention here, it wasn't negative towards Musk..

I had admired Musk. He took an industry full of big players and massive self-interest in the status quo and turned it on its head. Would it have happened anyway? Possibly, but a lot slower and with a lot of rear-guard lobbying from the established players for more watered down legislation. When they had Tesla competing with them - and winning - they had to up their game rather than try to rig the playing field.

But the rot started for me with the Thai rescue tweets and the clearly BS tweets on Musk taking Tesla private. It has simply spiraled from there and shows a man who doesn't have anyone that is prepared to say "that is a stupid idea" to him. It is such a shame - he was changing things and if he had someone reigning in his excessive hype then Tesla would be in a far better position than now.

Maybe that was what some of his MAGA fanboys thought Twitter was going to become. Specifically a platform where you could spout as much bile as you like without any consequences. The backlash to Musk "limiting free speech" wasn't from the lefty wokes but the Trumpist MAGAs.
It was wat the left was shouting after Musk took over, that it is the MAGA fanboys now complaining is something else, as a side note the Magaboys seem to have moved to Thruth social and Parler without coming to twitter to recruit others, lefty's still trying to get people to masodont(with limited succes, especially compared to twitter, Parler and the other thing.

Total BS. The files show that Biden has a deeply troubled son who has issues with a lot of things including substance abuse. Twitter were walking a fine line and the revelations show that it was probably justified in banning some of the more outlandish Biden laptop conspiracy theories.
What about the parts that show the shady business deals he makes or tries to make amongst other with the then Oligarch of the Ukraine power company, similar with companies in China ect. all very clearly to get some personal gain out of it? All this while flexing his ties with his Father and Obama. If Trumps son was caught with the same during that period all the us newspapers except for fox and the like maybe would be all over it. and righly so.

The conclusion it's only about his ''deeply troubled son'' implies you haven't read a letter of it. They wanted it banned because the laptop and the infirmation on it was publiced legally, Bidens son left it at that shop and didn't pay or collect it so it became the shop ownership, otherwise they would have very simple been able to get it banned in the basis of it being stolen information.

Meh, suppressing elections?! Unlike, say, the Trumpists who Musk supports who tried a wholesale insurrection of the election. Suppressing election is utter nonsense.
First off Musk doesn't support Trump, he thinks democrats and republicans are both eqaully bad, they why he was calling to vote republicans last elections to get an more ''centrist'' government. When Trump was just in power he had some very public outburst with Trump as you might remember.
You known you can call both Trumps attempts to overturn the election ''susspessing elections'' and whatever the democrats do too, or only one off them, either way, what Trump does and whether or not you call it suppression elections has nothing to do with this discussion, this is about the democrats.

And if thy have a direct line with twitter, which is much more democrats biased then it is republican according to that research quoted, and they say things like ''first amended isn't absolute'' and that results in a story effectually being artificially held back from results then that it a form of suppression elections.
Especially in the context of the US where a story like this would have had an bigger impact then it would have in Europe.
I had admired Musk. He took an industry full of big players and massive self-interest in the status quo and turned it on its head.
i don't admire him more than anyone else, i just don't like an certain bias against an person if it is unjustified.
Would it have happened anyway? Possibly, but a lot slower and with a lot of rear-guard lobbying from the established players for more watered down legislation. When they had Tesla competing with them - and winning - they had to up their game rather than try to rig the playing field.
We known at least for a bit the original CHervolet Volt was pulled by Gm, not because it sold badly, but because it sold so well, they didn't want electric cars to become popular.
Without sounding like a Musk fanboy, he did awesome thing for space too, creating an rocket that lands back, and giving nasa an new impulse after cuts by the obama administration left them quite dull.

But the rot started for me with the Thai rescue tweets and the clearly BS tweets on Musk taking Tesla private. It has simply spiraled from there and shows a man who doesn't have anyone that is prepared to say "that is a stupid idea" to him. It is such a shame - he was changing things and if he had someone reigning in his excessive hype then Tesla would be in a far better position than now.
Agree on the thai rescue thing, in the end of the day by wonder those kids got out, no need to salty insult one of the rescueers, just because he didn't believe in Musk's made capsules.
i don't think i disagree much with your Musk analysis although i don't think it necessary bad to get Tesla of the Market, it's more about how it funded it and then put himself in the same situation as the reasons he pilled Tesla of the market while buying twitter.

albion

Guru
Twitter, My part in Musks downfall. Who be the new Spike?

BTW Musk and Trump are competitors. Twitter is/was their disease.

Bazzer

We known at least for a bit the original CHervolet Volt was pulled by Gm, not because it sold badly, but because it sold so well, they didn't want electric cars to become popular.
Evidence for this is where?
I understood the Chevy volt was pulled for a number of reasons, but electric cars becoming too popular was definitely not one of them.

Reactions: C R
Evidence for this is where?
I understood the Chevy volt was pulled for a number of reasons, but electric cars becoming too popular was definitely not one of them.
I was wrong about the Volt, that's an more recent model, i meant the EV-1 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1 ) While the reasons of it being pulled officially still weren't about electric cars becoming to popular the way and reasons this model was introduced leave that impression that is was pulled because it didn't fit their combustion lineup much more.

albion

Guru

Bazzer

I was wrong about the Volt, that's an more recent model, i meant the EV-1 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1 ) While the reasons of it being pulled officially still weren't about electric cars becoming to popular the way and reasons this model was introduced leave that impression that is was pulled because it didn't fit their combustion lineup much more.
It was not as black and white as you are suggesting. There were a number of factors. The EV-1 was popular, but GM chose to limit production for a number of reasons. Thus making the total cost of production of each vehicle greater than the consumer was paying. Had they provided cars to all customers wanting one, total production costs would have fallen. As more vehicles appeared on the road, it is possible that there would have been further growth. Of course for those customers, the profitable after sales stuff of servicing etc., would have vanished, but that is the situation now faced by all manufacturers of both combustion and EV vehciles. GM had the chance to get the foothold on the EV market I am sure many look at Tesla with envy, and blew it.
Then there were the lobby groups who successfully watered down the originally proposed Californian vehicle restrictions which were one of the drivers for EVs and who successfully hobbled EV charging.
Finally there were the batteries. Lead acid batteries don't have great ranges and although things improved with NiMh batteries, by the time these were available for GM's EVs, the writing was on the wall for the vehicle.

It was not as black and white as you are suggesting. There were a number of factors. The EV-1 was popular, but GM chose to limit production for a number of reasons.
The limit in production and the way how they market is was their choice, all setup for failure
Thus making the total cost of production of each vehicle greater than the consumer was paying. Had they provided cars to all customers wanting one, total production costs would have fallen. As more vehicles appeared on the road, it is possible that there would have been further growth. Of course for those customers, the profitable after sales stuff of servicing etc., would have vanished, but that is the situation now faced by all manufacturers of both combustion and EV vehciles. GM had the chance to get the foothold on the EV market I am sure many look at Tesla with envy, and blew it.
So the question, i then loudly ask myself is, is Musk so smart or are those many guys and girls ad Gm so stupid? OR may there be other factors at play like Gm shareholders also having an share in oil industry.
Then there were the lobby groups who successfully watered down the originally proposed Californian vehicle restrictions which were one of the drivers for EVs and who successfully hobbled EV charging.
Core point, they only made the EV because the regulations required/or seemed to require it. Once they where sure it was lobbied down enough they killed it.

Finally there were the batteries. Lead acid batteries don't have great ranges and although things improved with NiMh batteries, by the time these were available for GM's EVs, the writing was on the wall for the vehicle.
Batteries are still basically the same issue, only now all the big companies including GM are spending shittons of money making them work better. But still even if you look up now Tesla owners who used to be involved in this EV-1 programme, they main complaints are not about batteries or battery range.
The whole lease and selected dealers only construction was setup for failure

albion

Guru
Tesla batteries are now a decent design, using LG and other Li-on cells.
However in China they are buying safer and cheaper Chinese LFP technology.

The rumoured 'in production' Sodium-ion batteries, again mainly Chinese technology, are starting to look the main way forward.

Bazzer

The limit in production and the way how they market is was their choice, all setup for failure

So the question, i then loudly ask myself is, is Musk so smart or are those many guys and girls ad Gm so stupid? OR may there be other factors at play like Gm shareholders also having an share in oil industry.

Core point, they only made the EV because the regulations required/or seemed to require it. Once they where sure it was lobbied down enough they killed it.

Batteries are still basically the same issue, only now all the big companies including GM are spending shittons of money making them work better. But still even if you look up now Tesla owners who used to be involved in this EV-1 programme, they main complaints are not about batteries or battery range.
The whole lease and selected dealers only construction was setup for failure
Musk had the opportunity to start with a clean sheet.
I am well aware the car was introduced to meet proposed emissions regulations and I did reference this. I am also aware that GM treated the project like some outcast child. However, GM was not alone. Toyota and Honda both produced EVs to meet the intended Californian regulations.
Where is the database of Tesla owners who used to be in the EV-1 programme?

Top Bottom