Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I think that's fair enough. They should suspend anybody who gives out the location, or links to sites that do so, of private individuals. Same goes for those who post addresses. Musk should have done it sooner.

In other news, Twitter has now banned 2 hashtags that reference 'loli' (an abbreviation of 'Lolita'). These are accounts that post and discuss sexualised Manga style drawings of, usually, pre-pubescent children. The Tweets are still up, presumably because the drawings are not necessarily illegal themselves, but you can't search for them.

The nonce-adjacent are not happy.

Fj0jXKiVsAAHStQ.jpeg

albion

Guru
Yes, the Star ran the headline 'Bonkers billionaire fears for life'.

However, it is a shame standards are a one way thing. Standards do not seem to apply to Musk.
It is also likely Musk himself who caused Moodys to rate Tesla shares in the junk status category.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I think that's fair enough. They should suspend anybody who gives out the location, or links to sites that do so, of private individuals. Same goes for those who post addresses. Musk should have done it sooner.

In other news, Twitter has now banned 2 hashtags that reference 'loli' (an abbreviation of 'Lolita'). These are accounts that post and discuss sexualised Manga style drawings of, usually, pre-pubescent children. The Tweets are still up, presumably because the drawings are not necessarily illegal themselves, but you can't search for them.

The nonce-adjacent are not happy.

View attachment 2674

Musk reportedly wants to make location sharing mandatory to enable targeted advertising but doesn't like people sharing publically available tracking data from his aeroplane. He's also banning journalists critical of him and his policies.

Fine, twitter's his toy now and he can play with it however he wants but he can't pretend to be a 'free speech absolutist' or whatever the opposite of a hypocrite is.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
'Location sharing' for advertisers doesn't mean your personal address/location being published on a platform of hundreds of millions of users though. I think all we're seeing with Twitter is what we saw previously. Those in charge setting the direction of moderation as they see fit. Yes, it might be hypocritical, but it wasn't exactly fairly applied previously.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
"“Some time away from Twitter is good for the soul …” Musk tweeted. "

From the great man himself.

How much better for one's soul to avoid it permanently.

It must be a real dilemma for many who regard themselves as among the righteous to decide between soul and twitter.

D

Deleted member 49

"“Some time away from Twitter is good for the soul …” Musk tweeted. "

From the great man himself.

How much better for one's soul to avoid it permanently.

It must be a real dilemma for many who regard themselves as among the righteous to decide between soul and twitter.
Do you ever read a newspaper ?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Do you ever read a newspaper ?

Which one, there are so many.

I read them for the news, sport, crosswords and TV schedule, not lectures, moralising and opinions of those paid to give them, whether from the left or the right. I can get as many of those things as I want down the pub or on this forum.

D

Deleted member 49

Which one, there are so many.

I read them for the news, sport, crosswords and TV schedule, not lectures, moralising and opinions of those paid to give them, whether from the left or the right. I can get as many of those things as I want down the pub or on this forum.
So you don't think newspapers lecture,moralize and give opinions ? You must tell me which ones they are....
I've got a bit of news for you....you can filter what you read on Twitter.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
So you don't think newspapers lecture,moralize and give opinions ? You must tell me which ones they are....
I've got a bit of news for you....you can filter what you read on Twitter.

Read my post. Of course they do all those things, but they are in the minority of the content, and also report on the news and sport, have crosswords, and TV schedules. I can easily filter the moralising bit to read the rest.

From what I see on the occasions I follow links on this forum I would have to do a hell of a lot of filtering on Twitter to avoid the simplistic < 280 character opinions to get at the crossword, or reports on the football.

Top Bottom