Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

D

Deleted member 49

I've not noticed that much difference with Twitter in general since dicksplash took over.
Only thing I can't stand is the way my feed is all over the place...is there anyway that you can get your most recent tweets in order ? As in newest first ?

winjim

I've not noticed that much difference with Twitter in general since dicksplash took over.
Only thing I can't stand is the way my feed is all over the place...is there anyway that you can get your most recent tweets in order ? As in newest first ?

I've given up trying to make it make sense. I just want it to put all tweets from everyone I follow in chronological order but that's not how it works.

albion

Veteran
It is a now a near fully automated beancounter that earns money from ads.

The staff count is heading close to zero so all the money goes to one man.
Tiktok will end up being better controlled.

winjim

albion

Veteran
There is a massive opportunity for someone to start up NDNB.
It is horrific that some major companies are uncontactable in writing apart from by twitter.

A None Despot Notice Board is a massive opportunity.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Mastodon was supposed to be the next big thing but seems to be losing users fairly quickly after an initial surge.

https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/278075/mastodon-users-have-started-fleeing-the-platform

The comments on this article are quite interesting. Very difficult to build a Twitter type rival platform but sounds like people do like Mastodon but for different uses than Twitter.

I agree that it's unacceptable for companies to prioritise social media, and computer users, over other non IT using customers. I often wonder how those who don't have access or the skills to use the Internet are expected to deal with stuff like pensions when the phone-in wait is 90 minutes.

Reactions: C R

matticus

Guru
There is a massive opportunity for someone to start up NDNB.
It is horrific that some major companies are uncontactable in writing apart from by twitter.
It seems to be the only reliable way to get bike reservations on UK trains!

Top Bottom