Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
And musk suggested to change the current system to an open source system so there is no longer a discussion about what is wrong and what is right.
So that's making the system better an controlable, making the system no longer based on whether the left-wing mob likes you or not.. So no wonder they are the one's crying about how bad it is. If i would have spare time i would dig up their old tweets after trumps ban to expose their sheer hypocrisy (and trump was actually banned, they are just afraid they can't control the rules anymore. )

that's indeed the point.
I don't think anyone is crying TBH, but, if you want to talk about crying, I'd take a look at the reactions of Trump, Hopkins, SYL et al and their supporters after they were banned from twitter, delicious right wing, racist, tears.

D

Deleted member 28

I assume everyone on here regularly looks on Twitter then, what's the attraction?

It's like thinking a certain Newspaper is full of shyte but keep reading it, I just don't get it.

Mugshot

Über Member
I assume everyone on here regularly looks on Twitter then, what's the attraction?

It's like thinking a certain Newspaper is full of shyte but keep reading it, I just don't get it.

In fairness your newspaper is full of shite.

Asking why people look at twitter is like asking why people look at the internet, it really is very diverse. It has people from pretty much every imaginable walk of life, you can chose to read what they have to say, and engage with them, or not.

mudsticks

Squire
So how does all this enhance your life then?

All I seem to hear from you is how cra*p the country is , the government is, the Police are, the treatment of Women etc etc.

Thank f*ck you have a 'brilliant ' life as imagine how bad things would seem then.

It broadens the range of voices I hear.
Some people on here are interested, and interesting..

Others quite happy to display their ignorance.

But it all adds to the rich tapestry of life, and knowledge.

Finding stuff out, discussing politics and current affairs is a meaningful activity to me, that's what this forum discusses..

I've never said this country is crap.

But yes the way the government is behaving is crap, so is brexit, so are elements of the police, and the way many women are treated and regarded is also crap too.

Or had you not noticed - despite living in the alleged 'real world'

Quite a few other things need sorting too.

Some of us care enough to want to do something to make stuff better, and want to talk about possible solutions, thrash out ideas even.

Some folk - maybe you - don't care about any.of it..

In which case why waste your time here, if it's all so very pointless.??

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I could understand the outrage over Musk a bit more if Twitter wasn't already a dumpster fire of abuse and partisan moderation. It's just that at the moment it's moderated by people with certain views, who let some things pass because it falls in with their world view, and ban posters for other things which don't, whereas (presumably) under Musk anything goes and nobody gets banned.

Twitter is a useful forum for discussing ideas and gaining information on issues, but it's always been a hot bed of abuse, misinformation, and unpleasantness.

If it's any consolation, TikTok is way worse, and actually more dangerous as it has a younger demographic.

D

Deleted member 28

It broadens the range of voices I hear.
Some people on here are interested, and interesting..

Others quite happy to display their ignorance.

But it all adds to the rich tapestry of life, and knowledge.

Finding stuff out, discussing politics and current affairs is a meaningful activity to me, that's what this forum discusses..

I've never said this country is crap.

But yes the way the government is behaving is crap, so is brexit, so are elements of the police, and the way many women are treated and regarded is also crap too.

Or had you not noticed - despite living in the alleged 'real world'

Quite a few other things need sorting too.

Some of us care enough to want to do something to make stuff better, and want to talk about possible solutions, thrash out ideas even.

Some folk - maybe you - don't care about any.of it..

In which case why waste your time here, if it's all so very pointless.??

So it's like going down the pub and chatting but without going out?

D

Deleted member 28

I could understand the outrage over Musk a bit more if Twitter wasn't already a dumpster fire of abuse and partisan moderation. It's just that at the moment it's moderated by people with certain views, who let some things pass because it falls in with their world view, and ban posters for other things which don't, whereas (presumably) under Musk anything goes and nobody gets banned.

Twitter is a useful forum for discussing ideas and gaining information on issues, but it's always been a hot bed of abuse, misinformation, and unpleasantness.

If it's any consolation, TikTok is way worse, and actually more dangerous as it has a younger demographic.

Twitter, TicTok, if they're all so bad why use them?

Mugshot

Über Member
So it's like going down the pub and chatting but without going out?

Not really, although I guess it depends on the pub, but haven't you said previously that you don't talk to people in pubs that you don't share the same views as?

I don't think anyone is crying TBH, but, if you want to talk about crying, I'd take a look at the reactions of Trump, Hopkins, SYL et al and their supporters after they were banned from twitter, delicious right wing, racist, tears.
I have seen many left wingers cry in the past day claiming they will leave twitter and never come back, or some that they gonna first the war and so on.
Overpriviledged drama queens i call them, even if they are from a self-pronounced monitory. If you call a possible take over a war, while just typing ukraine in your searchbar shows you real war, your a drama queen in my book.

But lets go back to Trump, Hopkins and god knows who more, the issue now is that those camps all claim they are banned because twitter is controlled by a left wing elite, the changes Musk is suggesting is that in order to ban someone twitter has to be able to say ''they violated this and this rule'' that isn't a bad change right? In my book it just brings clarity

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member

Because I can just ignore the misinformation and abuse and read the stuff I am interested in. Like I do with NACA.

I don't use TikTok - it's not aimed at people my age or at anyone with the attention span longer than that of a goldfish - but some people like videos of dancing or cats falling off fences or whatever. It's just that amongst all that is some dark and creepy stuff, which they are very slow to remove.

Mugshot

Über Member
I have seen many left wingers cry in the past day claiming they will leave twitter and never come back, or some that they gonna first the war and so on.
Overpriviledged drama queens i call them, even if they are from a self-pronounced monitory. If you call a possible take over a war, while just typing ukraine in your searchbar shows you real war, your a drama queen in my book.

But lets go back to Trump, Hopkins and god knows who more, the issue now is that those camps all claim they are banned because twitter is controlled by a left wing elite, the changes Musk is suggesting is that in order to ban someone twitter has to be able to say ''they violated this and this rule'' that isn't a bad change right? In my book it just brings clarity

Trump broke twitter's rules.
Whether you agree with those rules or not is immaterial, whether those rules may change in the future is also immaterial. He broke the rules at that time.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension

Rusty Nails

Country Member

For my sins the only social media I use is this and the original CC. This forum has enough weirdos without using other sites. Although, come to think of it there are more weirdos on the main CC. The ones here have barks worse than their bites.

I also prefer the pub and my chats/arguments with friends and some who are not friends, but acquaintances, but this internet lark is more interesting than most of what my wife likes to watch on the TV.

Trump broke twitter's rules.
Whether you agree with those rules or not is immaterial, whether those rules may change in the future is also immaterial. He broke the rules at that time.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension
And Twitter only came with those rules after they decided they need to go on their moral high horse and ''punish'' Trump, after trump lost the elections and he threatened to c;lampdown on the power of social media and their left wing bias.(i'm qouting his words on left wing bias, just to make clear i don't neccasarly agree with it) edit addition Trump announced crackdown was before the elections he just never really done it, only said he was considering it

So again against accusations of being left-wing biased what wrong with clear rules that rule out such claimed bias?

Top Bottom