Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yes, people are banned on Twitter for breaking the rules - but the rules are applied haphazardly and not equally fairly to all. You can be banned for fairly innocuous things. I'm certainly pleased to see some feminists who were banned have today been allowed to open their accounts again.

Cirrus

I assume everyone on here regularly looks on Twitter then, what's the attraction?

It's like thinking a certain Newspaper is full of shyte but keep reading it, I just don't get it.

It’s their own personal, electronic, echo chamber… seek out what affirms their ideas, standards, world view and block stuff they don’t like.

mudsticks

Squire
It’s their own personal, electronic, echo chamber… seek out what affirms their ideas, standards, world view and block stuff they don’t like.
Generalisation much .??

You don't know how other people use social media, or for what purpose

Your assumption says far more about you than 'them'.

D

Deleted member 28

For my sins the only social media I use is this and the original CC. This forum has enough weirdos without using other sites. Although, come to think of it there are more weirdos on the main CC. The ones here have barks worse than their bites.

I also prefer the pub and my chats/arguments with friends and some who are not friends, but acquaintances, but this internet lark is more interesting than most of what my wife likes to watch on the TV.

Unbelievable, something we have in common!

What a bizarre concept. Obviously I read all the usual woke lefty commentators, but I also follow most of the cabinet. And some musicians I value, and some science / tech stuff. I am selective in the same way that I use the library but I block nobody, either on Twitter or here.

Cirrus

No we wouldn't, so if you could desist , that'd be very cool :okay:
Ha ha… your not the headmistress of this little kindergarten mi amiga, if you don’t like wot I says, feel free to gulag me with the ignore button

mudsticks

Squire
What a bizarre concept. Obviously I read all the usual woke lefty commentators, but I also follow most of the cabinet. And some musicians I value, and some science / tech stuff. I block nobody, either on Twitter or here.
I don't quite get how us 'woke lefty' 'lot' could comment on right wing nut jobs, and their views, if we had them all blocked or on ignore..

Critical lack of thought on the part of those accusing us of living in an exclusionary bubble.

mudsticks

Squire
Ha ha… your not the headmistress of this little kindergarten mi amiga, if you don’t like wot I says, feel free to gulag me with the ignore button

I shan't be doing that

You've suggested that 'us lot' ignore others with different views, lump us all together with your sweeping generalisations.

You seem not to like having what you've done pointed out.

Then suggest I should ignore you..

The very thing you were sneering at others for supposedly doing.

Slight inconsistency of position amigo.

mudsticks

Squire
There’s a critical difference between excluding someone and being unconvinced by their opinions, Ma’am.

Indeed there is..

And there comes a point at which it starts to feel like playing chess with pigeons..

Anyhoo up my lovely, must awar to some serious soil toil..
🚜🌱🐜☘️☘️🐞🌱🌱🌱🌱🐫

Last edited:
Top Bottom