USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
So to protect democracy, its appropriate to attempt to execute a candidate standing in a democratic election.

Not sure I see how this stops losing democracy.

It seems to be the actions of someone trying to stop democracy.

Living in a democracy means accepting the result of a democratic election whether you like the outcome or not.

Accepting the outcome does not mean agreeing with the views or actions of the winner, but it does mean accepting who won.

What if I went back in time to stop the shooter who is undermining democracy ... by shooting him?

D

Deleted member 159

D

Deleted member 159

It's the CNN(democrats supporters) explaining how Biden encouraged the rhetoric/aggression against Trump, then asked for calm without Biden apologising for his baiting his lunatic followers, creating the atmosphere that lead to the assassination attempt

Biden could have earned some brownie points but failed by not apologising for his actions.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I just realised if Trump wins he's going to be the 44th, the 45th, the 46th and the 47th president of the United States. Although I suppose if the 44th counts then 46th probably doesn't so it would make him the 44th, the 45th twice and the 47th.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's the CNN(democrats supporters) explaining how Biden encouraged the rhetoric/aggression against Trump, then asked for calm without Biden apologising for his baiting his lunatic followers, creating the atmosphere that lead to the assassination attempt

Biden could have earned some brownie points but failed by not apologising for his actions.

It's not. Try again.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I just realised if Trump wins he's going to be the 44th, the 45th, the 46th and the 47th president of the United States. Although I suppose if the 44th counts then 46th probably doesn't so it would make him the 44th, the 45th twice and the 47th.

He was the 45th so would, if he wins, become the 47th. He can’t serve more than twice so that would be his lot. 46th is Biden so he can’t have that. 44 was Obama.

Or am I missing some other hidden message here?!

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
He was the 45th so would, if he wins, become the 47th. He can’t serve more than twice so that would be his lot. 46th is Biden so he can’t have that. 44 was Obama.

Or am I missing some other hidden message here?!

He'll be the second president to serve two non-consecutive terms, after Grover Cleveland who was 22nd and 24th president. Biden is 46th president but only the 45th person to have held the role.

multitool

Let's wait and see the result

What, like when you thought the UK was moving to the hard right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Go on then all seeing, please explain the video clip

I can't, which is why I asked you to.

Which you haven't been able to.

I've watched it several times now, and all I see is a stammering fool trying and failing to make some kind of a point.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Have I missed the bit of news declaring the shooter to be a Democrat?, last I read, he was a registered Republican voter?, so, hardly a Biden follower (lunatic or not)?

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Biden encouraged the rhetoric/aggression against Trump,

Biden quickly and publicly condemned the assassination attempt and all political violence.

Even Nancy Pelosi, the former Speaker, whose husband suffered a fractured skull after being beaten with a hammer by a man who broke into their home searching for Ms Pelosi, said she was thankful that Trump was safe.

then asked for calm without Biden apologising for his baiting his lunatic followers, creating the atmosphere that lead to the assassination attempt

In case you’ve forgotten, Trump mocked Pelosi and her husband after that politically motivated violence, joking about it to get a laugh out of his audience.

This is the same Trump who suggested that the Chairman of the JCoS was a traitor who should be executed, a view repeated by a Republican senator.

He told his gun-loving followers and white supremacists, the Proud Boys, to ‘stand back and stand by’ and of course it was his ever-increasing encouragement towards his supporters to ‘take back America’ after his re-election defeat that led to the violence and death of the attack on the Capitol on January 6th.

What Trump has discovered is that as you sow, so shall you reap.

Top Bottom