USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Why should Biden step down?

He's hasn't been diagnosed with anything and doesn't say or do anything more outrageous than Trump.

icowden

Legendary Member
This would seem like the perfect opportunity to step down from the race with "honour" intact.
On the one hand I agree, on the other hand I think the thing stopping him from "stepping down" is that there is no proposed election winning replacement. I almost think they need to just get a figurehead - Michelle Obama or George Clooney. They need someone with mass appeal and reach.

Reactions: C R

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Michelle Obama would suffer the same criticisms as Hillary Clinton.

Clooney would be a joke of a candidate.

Any credibility the party has would evaporate with either appointment.

icowden

Legendary Member
Michelle Obama would suffer the same criticisms as Hillary Clinton.
Clooney would be a joke of a candidate.
Any credibility the party has would evaporate with either appointment.
So who are you recommending?

not easy is it!

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Why should Biden step down?

He's hasn't been diagnosed with anything and doesn't say or do anything more outrageous than Trump.

It may not be fair but that is politics for you, especially US politics.

When you have lost the support of your own side you have to put the party’s needs before your own pride.

matticus

Guru
On the one hand I agree, on the other hand I think the thing stopping him from "stepping down" is that there is no proposed election winning replacement. I almost think they need to just get a figurehead - Michelle Obama or George Clooney. They need someone with mass appeal and reach.

I agree they have a problem with finding a replacement ... what I meant was that if Biden either:
- thinks there is someone better than him, or
- has decided he no longer gives a fig for the job, then

... this would be as good an exit strategy as any!

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So who are you recommending?

not easy is it!

Eminem, Yayoi Kusuma, Gahll or Corey Taylor.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
This is the kind of shoot show we can expect if the Dems don’t get the house in order asap.

Exactly. They need to stop messing about and whining about the unfairness of it, trying to make excuses for a President who is clearly not functioning as he should.

I have a suspicion though that they have left it too late for any genuine contenders for the Democrat candidate to want to risk being seen as a loser. This shooting of Trump has helped his cause. It is even giving him the chance to slightly change his emphasis to a less inflammatory tone to not put off some of the wavering Democrat voters.

Last edited:

ebikeerwidnes

Just heard trump talking about he was saved by divine intervention

If I believed in such things I would be thinking that him being saved by a "being from the bible" then I would be thinking of a different being than he is think of!

When you have lost the support of your own side you have to put the party’s needs before your own pride.

Resigns by mid August, blamed on long covid.
(I previously thought he'd be gone by Easter so I might be wrong again). They're in a difficult position because any change in candidate at this late stage will reek of desperation.

multitool

There's something about the emphasis on 'Mass' that tells you these people are fascists.

GS3MELcXEAA0UvY.jpeg

Top Bottom