USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Emo Philips on American religion (old but still amusing) -
"Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over."

All uphill

Interesting

ALl sorts of thought - must go to the website because th e number matter - as said in the notes

weird difference between Hispanic Protestants and Hispanic Catholics

does appear - at first sight - to imply that church influence is a big factor

but why an honest priest/vicar/preacher/other would think trump was a good person to vote for is beyond me!!!

There was an article on Politico suggesting many church leaders see Trump as a strong man who will protect the churches' power and America as a supposedly Christian country. So it's transactional, not principles.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Re-posting whatever sh*t that Melon Husk puts out is not a great idea.

It's just stupid too. Splicing an entirely reasonable answer to a difficult question with "funny" film clips to make someone look daft is childish at best, and doesn't work.

Predictably though it gets traction because Musk shares it and the weirdos from the right wing of social media lap it up.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 159

So it is bad she is not pandering to the lunatics?

You do realise there are as many guns in ownership as the population. You are broad brushing almost an entire population. Its in their constitution to own firearms.

Top Bottom