USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

You're certainly right that in the past, and in other kinds of regimes, gaffes and errors don't see the light of day. Queenie was pretty sharp at 95, I suppose. I do think the compilation videos of him sniffing kids hair are rather selectively edited to say the least.

317%2F2020%2F02%2F15015004%2Fgettyimages-631561964.jpg

Well there you go. Trump and Obama clearly involved, sexually... Im so glad they photo is not revealing where Obama's hand is....

Bazzer

MSNBC reporting Trump has been indicted in the documents probe.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
He doesn't know what a woman is. Title IX makes sports unfair for biological girls and women. Funnily enough though, when it comes to being drafted for the army that will go on your birth sex...

I don't think Trump is a good comparison though. Perhaps you guys know 84 year olds who are still sharp enough to lead their country, but I think it's unlikely someone that age will be up to the demands of the job. He's not even that age yet but they seem to keep him away from the press and anything where he has to think on his feet.

As I've said before it's slightly depressing that a Biden or a Trump was the best a country the size of the US could offer. Not seeing any better candidates this time round either.

I'm pretty sure he knows what a woman is.

A quote from his speech on the anniversary of Title IX:

“There is more work to do. As we look to the next fifty years, I am committed to protecting this progress and working to achieve full equality, inclusion, and dignity for women and girls, LGBTQI+ Americans, all students, and all Americans.”

Why isn't Trump a good comparison? He was the last president, so it's inevitable. Biden is a well regarded and competent politician from what I know of the US system. Trump is basically a toddler who's been given a psychotropic substance.

As for keeping Biden away from the press/answering leading questions, that just makes sense in the inflammatory world of wall to wall news and social media coverage. A far more measured and considered approach IMO.

I'm pretty sure he knows what a woman is.

A quote from his speech on the anniversary of Title IX:

“There is more work to do. As we look to the next fifty years, I am committed to protecting this progress and working to achieve full equality, inclusion, and dignity for women and girls, LGBTQI+ Americans, all students, and all Americans.”
Biden thinks men can be women, so no he doesn't know. He's 80; I actually think he knows men can't be women but he's been told what to say on the matter. I bet he couldn't explain what LGBTQI+ stands for without a cue card.

Why isn't Trump a good comparison? He was the last president, so it's inevitable. Biden is a well regarded and competent politician from what I know of the US system. Trump is basically a toddler who's been given a psychotropic substance.
Because they are both useless. One's mentally incompetent because of age, the other because he's not very bright.
As for keeping Biden away from the press/answering leading questions, that just makes sense in the inflammatory world of wall to wall news and social media coverage. A far more measured and considered approach IMO.
They didn't do it with Obama. Even Trump can talk off the cuff on issues, even if he spouts nonsense on them. They seem scared to let Biden go off topic or talk spontaneously at all. He's the president of the United States and he can't be left alone with the press in case he goes rogue.....

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Biden thinks men can be women, so no he doesn't know. He's 80; I actually think he knows men can't be women but he's been told what to say on the matter. I bet he couldn't explain what LGBTQI+ stands for without a cue card.

Because they are both useless. One's mentally incompetent because of age, the other because he's not very bright.

They didn't do it with Obama. Even Trump can talk off the cuff on issues, even if he spouts nonsense on them. They seem scared to let Biden go off topic or talk spontaneously at all. He's the president of the United States and he can't be left alone with the press in case he goes rogue.....

Well, I disagree, but then I've made my position on trans rights fairly clear in the past. That's not what this thread is about, though I will say, again, that pretty sure he knows what a woman is, and what LGBTQI means.

Of course he's been told what to say on matters, because he's an actually intelligent person who comes prepared. Unlike Trump (or Johnson) who'd just make shite up and ramble on nonsensically. Biden has been in politics for decades, he knows exactly what he's doing and his team will know where his strengths and weaknesses lie. Plenty of presidents in the past have been similarly prepared, and if you think Obama wasn't then you're very much mistaken.

In any case, what does it matter? Why should he be giving out random press conferences left right and centre? Especially when the slightest mis-step will result in a trial by media, which achieves the square root of f*ck all.

As for his mental incompetence because he's 80, that's just ageism I'm afraid. My grandparents were well into their 80s before dementia sadly claimed their mental capacity, to use one example.

Milzy

It’s not ageism at all, he’s just totally incompetent through no fault of his own. It’s Biden who will end up in the stink soon enough. Trump will come out smelling of roses. It’s just a matter of time now.

D

Deleted member 121

It’s not ageism at all, he’s just totally incompetent through no fault of his own. It’s Biden who will end up in the stink soon enough. Trump will come out smelling of roses. It’s just a matter of time now.

I doubt Biden will be licking Putin's arse like Trump did.

Quoted for posterity.

Milzy

I doubt Biden will be licking Putin's arse like Trump did.

If Trump was president they’d be no Ukraine proxy war, needless deaths world disruption.
Weapons companies must keep making profits off wasted tax payers money though so…..

AndyRM

Elder Goth
If Trump was president they’d be no Ukraine proxy war, needless deaths world disruption.
Weapons companies must keep making profits off wasted tax payers money though so…..

That's absolute nonsense.

Trump has only, and will only ever put himself first. And he's not even any good at that, having lost billions over the years.

Reactions: C R
Just another of your prejudices?

Lol. It's not ageism to question whether an 80 year old has the physical and mental capacity to lead the Free World when you're looking at an endless series of gaffes and the way he always has a minder and a script. Bernie Sanders is older but much sharper and can speak spontaneously, in detail, about anything.

I can see why you'd like him though.

In any case, what does it matter? Why should he be giving out random press conferences left right and centre? Especially when the slightest mis-step will result in a trial by media, which achieves the square root of f*ck all.

Because he's the US president and he should be available for questioning on his policies directly - not through press releases or 2nd hand through others. Biden has given the fewest number of press conferences of any president since Reagan. In the first 2 years he gave 52. Obama gave 275 in his first 2 years.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Lol. It's not ageism to question whether an 80 year old has the physical and mental capacity to lead the Free World when you're looking at an endless series of gaffes and the way he always has a minder and a script. Bernie Sanders is older but much sharper and can speak spontaneously, in detail, about anything.

I can see why you'd like him though.

Because he's the US president and he should be available for questioning on his policies directly - not through press releases or 2nd hand through others. Biden has given the fewest number of press conferences of any president since Reagan. In the first 2 years he gave 52. Obama gave 275 in his first 2 years.

To be honest the number of press conferences really doesn't bother me. He's clearly not a confident speaker in public.

As for an endless series of gaffes, see the previous incumbent. And Bush before him.

Top Bottom