USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's not ageism to question whether an 80 year old has the physical and mental capacity to lead the Free World
Yes it is. It’s no different to those that say a woman or a wheelchair user couldn’t do the job. It’s fair enough that you don’t like his policy on your niche obsession but suggesting that his age should bar him is bigotry.

I can see why you'd like him though.
I don’t. He was the better by miles of the two viable candidates but as I’ve written here before that’s as far as my support goes.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Lol. It's not ageism to question whether an 80 year old has the physical and mental capacity to lead the Free World when you're looking at an endless series of gaffes and the way he always has a minder and a script.

Is this questioning his physical or mental capacity, which anyone is entitled to do, or making a statement you are not qualified to make, unless you are a mental health professional who knows him, based on snatches of stuff on the media. There is a difference.

One's mentally incompetent because of age

Last edited:

Milzy

The only one better than Trump is RKJ but he’s a little anti establishment so he’d never be allowed in. And if he did get in, they’d say sit the F down Mr.President, forget what you planned to do, this is how we run things here. Like they do with all presidents apart from Trump who pushed back.
IMG_1955.jpeg

Yes it is. It’s no different to those that say a woman or a wheelchair user couldn’t do the job.
Not the same thing. A physical disability doesn't affect mental competence, whereas increasing age is linked to it.
It’s fair enough that you don’t like his policy on your niche obsession but suggesting that his age should bar him is bigotry.
It's not his age per se. It's the fact that he seems obviously not as mentally sharp as he was; I'm putting it down to age because that's the most obvious cause of declining faculties.

I don't think women's rights are niche. Perhaps to you they are.

Only Biden's doctor will know the actual state of his mental and physical health. We can only judge by what we see as to whether he is 'match fit'.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 121

Not the same thing. A physical disability doesn't affect mental competence, whereas increasing age is linked to it.

It's not his age per se. It's the fact that he seems obviously not as mentally sharp as he was; I'm putting it down to age because that's the most obvious cause of declining faculties.

I don't think women's rights are niche. Perhaps to you they are.

Because you have watched selected video clips edited by like-minded people from your favourite sources. I demonstrated crudely above how everything can be taken out of context and made to suit any narrative you like. If you are good at editing video, you can do what you like with anything recorded. It happened with Angela Merkel a few years ago, it happens with Putin now, i mean, he should have been dead last year if certain media sources have you believe. Until i see cold, hard facts which is unlikely given he is POTUS, then i will refrain from speculation linked to ones age...

Poacher

Regular

Bazzer

I wonder if the judge allocated to hear the case Aileen Cannon, who herself was a Trump appointment, will recuse herself or will Federal prosecutors seek her removal? Her handling of an earlier request for a special master to review the documents showed incompetence and/or bias towards Trump.

Because you have watched selected video clips edited by like-minded people from your favourite sources.

I haven't watched any videos. I've seen his performances at the press things he does do though. He can't speak with confidence on anything off the cuff. Trumps no better because he simply blusters, but compared to Obama, Biden is very poor.
I wonder if the judge allocated to hear the case Aileen Cannon, who herself was a Trump appointment, will recuse herself or will Federal prosecutors seek her removal? Her handling of an earlier request for a special master to review the documents showed incompetence and/or bias towards Trump.

The US system never ceases to amaze me. You'd think an independent judiciary would be considered the backbone of democracy but they just seem to accept politically appointed judges as par for the course. Same with district attorneys. How different things would be over there if the legal system wasn't so bound up with partisan politics.

All uphill

I haven't watched any videos. I've seen his performances at the press things he does do though. He can't speak with confidence on anything off the cuff. Trumps no better because he simply blusters, but compared to Obama, Biden is very poor.

The US system never ceases to amaze me. You'd think an independent judiciary would be considered the backbone of democracy but they just seem to accept politically appointed judges as par for the course. Same with district attorneys. How different things would be over there if the legal system wasn't so bound up with partisan politics.

That's an interesting point.

Their system is nominally democratic, in that judges are selected by elected people.

How does our system work?
UK judges are appointed by a commission led by a lay person. All a bit opaque.

Lol. What are your sporadic and mostly irrelevant postings symptomatic of ?
It doesn't really matter what my age is or what my memory is like. I'm not the leader of the free world. I think we should probably set the bar a bit higher for the president of the US than for contributors to a niche bike forum.

That's an interesting point. Their system is nominally democratic, in that judges are selected by elected people.
Yes, they seem to very much prefer that directly elected system for police chiefs, prosecutors, judges, and I suppose it does enable the system to reflect the will of the people. It doesn't seem to lead to a stable legal system though. Perhaps it's also a reflection of how wide the range of views in the US are, with extremes at both ends. They don't seem to want to work towards that middle of the road concensus concept like we do in Europe. It's still an immature democracy in some ways, grounded in individualism in a way we aren't so much.

Top Bottom