USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

It's almost like they are just saving their own backsides now...
It's only two so far, but the lesser known individuals must be getting twitchy sphincters.
I wonder if the discovery in the last day or so of 15,000 emails played a role?
Cheseborough has been throwing all sorts of submissions at the court, none of which have stuck. I shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't look for a deal on the court steps.

icowden

Legendary Member
Cheseborough has been throwing all sorts of submissions at the court, none of which have stuck. I shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't look for a deal on the court steps.
He's the original greasy piglet. He'll do anything to save his own skin.

And another loss for Trump. This time in relation to non disclosure agreements.
Trump had been aggressive in enforcing silence of his critics through NDAs. Now a female former campaign staffer has not only beaten Trump in relation to her own NDA, but also for others who signed the same NDA.
https://protectdemocracy.org/work/victory-jessica-denson-2016-trump-ndas/
Interesting would be even more interesting to see to which other political parties or companies this would apply to,.

icowden

Legendary Member

Bazzer

This could be interesting. Some of those people will be happily spilling the beans soon...
That was what I had been thinking.

Trump is now in more trouble with Judge Engoron who is overseeing his civil fraud trial in New York.
Judge Engoron had previously issued a catastrophic judgement against Trump Org having found the companies committed fraud and removed the licence to trade for all entities within Trump Org to trade within New York. The current hearing concerns half a dozen or so remaining charges which include insurance fraud. The New York AG was seeking a minimum of $250m damages in addition to the winding up orders and from the AG's witnesses to date, it isn't looking good for the Trump Organisation.
Having previously tried to get the judge's removal from the case (failed), and started a lawsuit against the judge, (since withdrawn), Trump has, on the days he has attended the hearing, liked to grandstand before entering the court, making claims against Judge Engoron and in particular the New York AG.
On the 3rd of October 2023, Trump attacked Judge Engoron's clerk via his Truth Social account, which suggested she was having an affair with Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer, which was utterly false and defamatory and which resulted in her getting vile attacks from MAGA supporters. On the same day, Judge Engoron called Trump's lawyers into his chambers and ordered the incendiary post be taken down immediately and issued a gag order on Trump not to threaten Judge Engoron's staff. The post was taken down from Truth Social, but not from Trump's campaign website. There it remained until yesterday evening until exposed by one of the media.
Judge Engoron has asked Trump's lawyers why he shouldn't send him to jail or impose further sanctions following Trump's disobedience to follow his order and is to make a ruling later today.

As a secondary issue, the New York AG has also applied to Judge Engoron for email records for Trump's former Chief Financial Officer Alan Weiselberg to be examined independently, on the grounds he may have committed perjury. Weiselberg, who spent a few months in jail for tax fraud, gave evidence last week, following which Forbes magazine contacted the AG to say the information provided by Weiselberg didn't appear to be correct.

Bazzer

And the 3rd domino in Georgia falls. :wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:
Following the guilty plea by Sidney Powell, Ken Cheseborough now pleads guilty in the Georgia proceedings.
5 years probation. $5,000 fine. 100 hours community service. Letter of apology to the people of Georgia. Turn over all remaining documents. Full cooperation with the District Attorney. Testifying on behalf of the state and no contact with the other co conspirators.
It's not clear the extent to which cooperation is expected with Special Counsel Jack Smith, but Powell was an unindicted co conspirator in Smith's enquiries and I would imagine Cheseborough would have also been on Smith's radar. Given the sprawling nature of Fani Willis' charges, one would expect there to be much information both to assist Smith and to nail Trump, Giuliani and Eastman.

Perhaps a sweepstake ought to be started for how many and how quickly the likes of Misty Hampton etc., are going to be going down the same route? But the bargaining chips they thought they previously held have, in the space of 36 hours suddenly started to turn to lead coins. Powell got away with a misdemeanor charge, but Chesborough appears to have been hit with a more serious felony.

Last edited:
The cheese is a big domino as well.

Now you’re talking my language.

Bazzer

Looks like the Colorado trial of whether Trump should appear on the ballot for President is going ahead at the end this month.
Trump's application to dismiss on the grounds he didn't take an oath to support the constitution has been rejected. Also rejected was an application by the Colorado Republican Party that they had the right to decide who they wanted on the ballot.

Bazzer

The next domino has fallen. This time Jenna Ellis, another lawyer, is to plead guilty to aiding and abetting false statements and writings, in return for an agreement from the Fulton County DA.
Ellis had complained about her legal fees not being paid by either Trump or his political action committee, and last month had accused Trump of being a malignant narcissist. So the only real surprise is how long it has taken her to come to an agreement with the DA.

Bazzer

The queue to get to him is pretty long....
Commentary says she will be a key witness for DA Fani Willis, against both Trump and Giuliani. Giuliani, because she has told the court she relied upon the information he provided to her. - Which was quite specific numbers about dead people voting, voters with PO Box addresses, etc. Trump because he has raised "my attorneys told me" as a defence, which relies upon the client providing accurate information upon which the attorney can provide advice.

Top Bottom