USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

More fallout from the 2020 election.
The right wing group True the Vote, a Texas based organisation founded by a QAnon conspiracy theorist, allegedly engaged in voter intimidation and targeted over 364,000 Georgia voters. The group now finds itself in court in Georgia.
https://www.democracydocket.com/ana...r-intimidation-case-goes-to-trial-in-georgia/
The group seem to have tried to fill the boots of the Republican National Committee, which following violations of the 1960s voting rights act, was actually banned by a Federal Court order from 1987 to 2018, from doing any election day monitoring

Bazzer

Another lawsuit for Trump's former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows. This time from the publisher of his book, the ghost writers of which were caught on a recording, being shown classified information by Trump.
https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...by-book-publisher-over-false-election-claims/

MAGA lawyers also making news in their own right.
Trump's lawyers in the civil hearing for damages being brought by the New York Attorney General are, like their paymaster, unable to stop criticising the Judge's law clerk, and have had their own gag order imposed.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...ds-gag-order-include-former-presid-rcna123587

Juhn Eastman indicted co conspirator in Georgia, found culpable for ethics breaches in connection with the 2020 election. Punishment yet to be decided.
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/03/john-eastman-trump-disbarment-culpable-00125219

Last edited:

albion

Guru
A Washington appeal court has lifted Trumps gag order for 2 weeks under appeal. Rather strange considering he will abuse it again.

Bazzer

A Washington appeal court has lifted Trumps gag order for 2 weeks under appeal. Rather strange considering he will abuse it again.
It appears American courts will generally stay an order, pending an appeal to a higher court. It has happened for example with at least one of the appeals concerning the use of Mifepristone. But as @All uphill indicates, Trump will no doubt abuse the situation thus adding further evidence to the Federal prosecutors' argument.
Trump has landed two Obama appointees and one Biden appointee, so I don't see him winning his appeal, but he will no doubt then take it to the Supreme Court, in his bid to delay, delay, delay.

icowden

Legendary Member
Trump's live in the dock. It's hilarious.

The state is asking about a 2021 financial statement. Trump says he thinks it's accurate - he hopes so.
“I was so busy in the White House,” he says, adding his focus was on “China” and “Russia”.
"For the record, you weren't president in 2021 were you?" prosecutor Kevin Wallace asks.
Trump says no.

Judge Ergoran has had to ask trumps lawyers to control their client on multiple occasions as Trump keeps treating the trial like a rally and going off on tangents.

Even Trump's lawyers had to admit they couldn't control him:
Trump's attorney Chris Kise argued earlier in the day that Judge Engoron should allow Trump to give answers in his own way.
“With this witness, it’s far more efficient to listen and take it all in,” Kise said earlier, prompting Wallace to laugh.

icowden

Legendary Member
"2024 Polls: Trump leads Biden in five key battleground states"
But not because Trump is doing well, because Biden is doing badly. Weirdly many young people don't think a guy who appears to be a doddery 80 year old a good choice. I would hope that when it comes down to it given the choice between a doddery 80 year old and a delusional racist rapist, they would go for the doddery guy...

All uphill

But not because Trump is doing well, because Biden is doing badly. Weirdly many young people don't think a guy who appears to be a doddery 80 year old a good choice. I would hope that when it comes down to it given the choice between a doddery 80 year old and a delusional racist rapist, they would go for the doddery guy...

The Christian right seem to prefer the thug. Maybe @Unkraut could explain that to humanists like me.

albion

Guru
Things about Trump is that his insanity makes it impossible to diagnose dementia.
Plus he barks the orders to the barking, not the other way round.

Last edited:

ebikeerwidnes

I can understand why the republicans have had to go with trump

but I cannot understand why the Democrats have not brought someone younger up through the ranks to stand against him

I can see the point in people thinking Biden is getting too old - but SURELY he has to be better than trump

Top Bottom