USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Swift has increasingly become a figure of dislike, sometimes bordering on hate, among MAGA supporters. Largely because of her support of LGBTQ rights and her opposition to the removal of women's rights. But also because she is a powerful woman, with a high public profile, which has increased because of a tour and her relationship with well known American football player.
Her fans/followers, who I believe are known as swifties, could form a potent voting force in the US elections.

She was formerly a doyen of the Maga's you know, good ole country girl....
Also her new BF is thought to be a republican supporter.

But as some senator was saying the other day, they've got Ted Nugent on their side, so that's OK.
If only Frank Zappa was still alive....

Total madness.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
It's almost as though there is a group of Republican leaning American's who feel threatened by a strong, wealthy, independent woman and feels that they should be doing the dishes, cooking meals and raising good Christian kids. I do wonder, if social media had been around 60 years ago, whether Dolly Parton would have found herself equally villified.

This is getting a reaction in certain circles....this should be at Superbowl....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sa30gLVDxA

D

Deleted member 121

While we are on the riveting conversation about DP. The totally normal Ted Nugent did release an album called "Penetrator".

She wrote I Will Always Love You and Jolene in the same day. Apparently Elvis wanted to record IWALY when it was an unknown song but Col Parker insisted Elvis be given a co writing credit so DP declined. She's one of the few artists from that era who has managed to keep control of their career and songs, which is an achievement as so many signed away their work for a pittance.

D

Deleted member 121

DP also refused to sniff Peter Gabriel's armpits during the "Don't Give Up" song so Kate Bush sniffed them instead and arguably sniffed em better. I'm enjoying this threads new direction. We just need to apply it to the gender one now.

DP also refused to sniff Peter Gabriel's armpits during the "Don't Give Up" song so Kate Bush sniffed them instead and arguably sniffed em better. I'm enjoying this threads new direction. We just need to apply it to the gender one now.

Love KB too. Much better choice as I can't imagine Dolly doing that song half as well. KB is another artist who has managed to control her own career pretty well, doing as much or as little as she fancied in terms of recording or gigs.

ebikeerwidnes

taylor swift.jpg

Bazzer

The judgement in the New York civil fraud case against Trump/Trump Org, which was due to be released before the end of January, has been delayed by a week or so and there had been speculation about the delay.
Some had speculated that the unfavourable report of the judge appointed as an independent monitor of the financial transactions of the company had some bearing on the delay. In particular, an asset of a loan of $48m appearing on the books of the business, made to a company controlled by Trump, and which may not be what it seems.
But now it appears Trump's former chief financial officer may be on the hook for perjury.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollyb...weisselberg-reportedly-negotiating-plea-deal/

By way of brief background, during the civil hearing, the former CFO Alan Weisselberg, who has previously been jailed for tax fraud, was called as a witness and claimed 100 times that he could not recall to key aspects of his role as CFO. When questioned about the size and value attributed to Trump's New York triplex apartment, Weisselberg claimed to have had very little to do with it. - At one stage the apartment was valued at $200m, but this was based upon an inflated value and the property being 3 times larger than it actually was. As well as enabling more favourable loan rates, the overvaluing of the properties fed into Trump's ego on his place on the Forbes rich list.
Unfortunately for Weisselberg, during his testimony it seems there was a reporter from Forbes magazine in attendance, whose recollections were better than Weisselberg's. And not only were their recollections better, but Forbes had retained the emails etc., from Weisselberg and others from the Trump organisation about the triplex. :laugh:

Much as I like her, it's nuts that people might base their vote on how they think TS leans politically. The celebrity political endorsement does seem more of a thing over there whereas it seems to backfire over here and we mock it, eg Blair, Noel Gallagher, and the whole Cool Britannia cringey stuff.

Bazzer

Top Bottom