USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
The problem f9r Biden, apart from his health on the day is that he was very full with his answers, making it complex for himself.
Trump simply repeated the exact same phrases time after time, even far more than usual.

Reminds me much of Father Jack, simply replacing 'Drink' with 'Immigrants'. Trump is becoming father Jack. I recall his 'hard talk' interview from years ago. Whilst he stuck to very similar repetitive themes, he had some sense of breadth.
In two years or so Trump will be Jack.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
According to clickbait. American's don't mind having Presidents who are clearly gaga (see Ronald Reagan for details).

Clickbait is his diet online, did you not get the memo?

ebikeerwidnes

I saw an article this morning from someone who was there and in the press place after

His view was that he was "over prepared" and prepared in the wrong way
He was saying that he had prepared a load of facts and sentences to say to make it clear that trump was lying etc etc

but it was like he was preparing for a younger version of himself
His memory is no longer as fast and easy to access as it used to be - given a bit longer to answer then he had the answers - but with age and pressure he just couldn;t get the pre-pared sentences out properly

Once he started just replying without going back to the prepared phrases then he was performing better

and, of course, since the debate fact checkers have been pointing out that trump was simply repeating known lies and distortions over and over again

so it may not be as bad as it looks

maybe

The Daily Star today, with a fair appraisal of the current state of US politics. Can't believe it costs £1.60. Not so sure about the Proud to love animals tagline either.

Daily-Star-6.png

albion

Guru
I saw an article this morning from someone who was there and in the press place after

His view was that he was "over prepared" and prepared in the wrong way
He was saying that he had prepared a load of facts and sentences to say to make it clear that trump was lying etc etc

but it was like he was preparing for a younger version of himself
His memory is no longer as fast and easy to access as it used to be - given a bit longer to answer then he had the answers - but with age and pressure he just couldn;t get the pre-pared sentences out properly

Once he started just replying without going back to the prepared phrases then he was performing better

and, of course, since the debate fact checkers have been pointing out that trump was simply repeating known lies and distortions over and over again

so it may not be as bad as it looks

maybe

No, it still looked awful.

The masses fail to see the whole picture . Instead they often, as usual, seek safety in the guy who offers nothing but strong lies.

No, it still looked awful.

The masses fail to see the whole picture . Instead they often, as usual, seek safety in the guy who offers nothing but strong lies.

The bit where Jill Biden was praising him afterwards was uncomfortable viewing and profoundly sad.

Clinton was president 30 years ago. He's younger than both current candidates.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I have suspected for a long time that Biden would ‘voluntarily’ drop out of the election race but time is getting tight.
It is unfair for those around Biden, including his wife, to put him or the country through this when it is clear that, even if he wins, he will not serve out a full term in office again.
There is still time to turn this around by selecting a candidate with the ability to show energy and enthusiasm, with the added advantage that they would give Trump less time and ammunition to attack them and could still benefit from the sympathy for Biden and the cruel treatment of him by Trump…provided of course that they could get the huge funds necessary to fight the election US style.

Reactions: C R
I said much earlier in the thread I thought he'd be gone by April. I was wrong, but realistically, he's not going to get any sharper over the next 4 years, is he? Is it just a bit too late to replace him though? It makes the Democrats look in chaos. Will it hand Trump a win? You can only feel sorry for the Yanks at this point.

All connected surely? Do you think Biden has an intellectual grip on the situation in the middle east? I'm guessing they don't let him hold the briefcase with the nuclear codes in it anymore.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Just to check we're all cool with the genocide stuff right? It's just being slightly doddery on the tele that we've got a problem with. Right?

Who is we?

Can we (if this forum is the 'we' you are referring to) talk about more than one issue at a time?

Over the years I've got quite proficient at multi-tasking. I may not be in a few years when I reach Biden's current age.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The point is that a proportion of the Democrat supporter base is now calling for Biden to withdraw from the election, which they weren't doing before the debate when he was lying about alleged atrocities and providing the weapons used for the mass slaughter of children.

Interpret the word 'we' as you will.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
The point is that a proportion of the Democrat supporter base is now calling for Biden to withdraw from the election, which they weren't doing before the debate when he was lying about alleged atrocities and providing the weapons used for the mass slaughter of children.

Interpret the word 'we' as you will.

It could be that this debate and Biden's performance has brought home to the Democrats the true extent of the electoral liability that Biden could be.

The issue about whether he was lying or not, and providing weapons just shows a totally different mindset in the US about their support for Israel, and will continue whether he is doddery or not, and would likely harden under Trump.

Just to make things even worse a poll over on the Transgender thread apparently (but not as simple as that) shows Israel/Gaza is one of the two least important issues to voters in our coming GE.

We are in a strange place.

Top Bottom