War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I’m certain we are laundering money through the Ukraine & blaming everything on Putin.
Financial system will eventually collapse & a digital currency may well be brought in.

This is brilliant! Will you be at next year’s Edinburgh Fringe?

Or they could win like they did in Afghanistan, or like the US did in Vietnam, Afghanistan or the Middle East.

In this war, both wining and losing mean totally different things to Ukraine and Russia.
The Us didn't win in Vietnam, Afghanistan nor the Middle east, they did their best to establish freedom of speech and respect for other religions but it failed nonetheless.(says something about the peacefulness off one certain religion)
But the situation here is different, first of the Ukrainian army has lots of volumtary fighters from Georgia, Poland, Estonia and Russians, It is very unlikely Putin has the final say, yes he orders the Russian troops to either pull out or reinforce but that doesn't end this war anymore. Ukraine is doing two very succesfull counter offensives, the reason why they are so succesfull is because they have local support, from people living their calling Russian positions trough or partisan movement who are involved in sabotage, also helping with target acquisition etc.
There are also similar movements in Russia, the murder of the daughter of Putins advisor lately was claimed by such an movement and there are several suspicious fires at factories that supply the army, army bases etc. very deep into Russia that suffer from sudden explosions fires etc.
Putin was successful bulldozering area's of resistance with rockets for years, but now it seems to backfire i don't think pulling from Ukraine will stop it, more likely to the contrary.

I’m certain we are laundering money through the Ukraine & blaming everything on Putin.
Financial system will eventually collapse & a digital currency may well be brought in.
The Russian Army has not even half the capacity it would have on paper due to the corruption, which includes money laundering. Ukraine isn't holy either however they where trying and are still trying to better themselves. That the whole reason why Russia invaded, they puppets in the Ukrainian government where being replaced, so they lost control

Rusty Nails

Country Member
The Us didn't win in Vietnam, Afghanistan nor the Middle east, they did their best to establish freedom of speech and respect for other religions but it failed nonetheless.(says something about the peacefulness off one certain religion)
But the situation here is different, first of the Ukrainian army has lots of volumtary fighters from Georgia, Poland, Estonia and Russians, It is very unlikely Putin has the final say, yes he orders the Russian troops to either pull out or reinforce but that doesn't end this war anymore. Ukraine is doing two very succesfull counter offensives, the reason why they are so succesfull is because they have local support, from people living their calling Russian positions trough or partisan movement who are involved in sabotage, also helping with target acquisition etc.
There are also similar movements in Russia, the murder of the daughter of Putins advisor lately was claimed by such an movement and there are several suspicious fires at factories that supply the army, army bases etc. very deep into Russia that suffer from sudden explosions fires etc.
Putin was successful bulldozering area's of resistance with rockets for years, but now it seems to backfire i don't think pulling from Ukraine will stop it, more likely to the contrary.

The Russian Army has not even half the capacity it would have on paper due to the corruption, which includes money laundering. Ukraine isn't holy either however they where trying and are still trying to better themselves. That the whole reason why Russia invaded, they puppets in the Ukrainian government where being replaced, so they lost control

I know they didn't win. My comment was meant to be ironic/sarcastic.

Perhaps I need to use emojis more.

D

Deleted member 49

Please tell me you forgot the sarcastic emoji...:rolleyes:

Rusty Nails

Country Member

He did look for one, but you'd pinched them all.

Poland's critical tone, is something else than wanting back to the USSR as you would known is you follow the current conflict just a little bit.

I know they didn't win. My comment was meant to be ironic/sarcastic.

Perhaps I need to use emojis more.
yeah could have read it better every one makes mistakes sometimes right?
It wasn't and let me just add to that they the discussion about how honest/clean/sincere those objectives where is a whole other one. but that would derail this topic completely.

He did look for one, but you'd pinched them all.
i really don't need others to say what they think i say do or otherwise please.

stowie

In the light of domestic news, this may not be getting as much prominence as usual - but it is potentially seismic changes in Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62867560

Ukrainian forces appear to be making huge advances in recapturing territory taken over by the Russian Army.

Official Russian media is acknowledging the advance but putting it down to "strategic withdrawal to regroup". Which, if the reports of the sheer amount of equipment being abandoned in the retreat is correct, sounds very unlikely.

On top of this, criticism of the "special operations" is starting to be seen on Russian media whilst Putin is silent.

Some of the advances are strategically important in hampering Russian Army operations and logistics.

It is way too early to predict that Ukraine will win back all the territory, or even keep the ground taken back in the last few days. But it shows that Ukraine could win, and that will help retain support in Europe and the US to keep supplying arms.

Top Bottom