War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Latest update is that Putin's Nuclear threat pertains to any land currently occupied/held by Russia. So effective any territorial gains by Ukraine is sufficient.

I bet Preppers are getting a hard-on if nothing else....

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Latest update is that Putin's Nuclear threat pertains to any land currently occupied/held by Russia. So effective any territorial gains by Ukraine is sufficient.

I bet Preppers are getting a hard-on if nothing else....

Have you still got your "what to do in the event of a Nuclear Strike" booklet ? (I lost mine)

If yes, how about making some photocopies for your friends, and, us lot on. here ? ;)

Spoke with friend and colleague last night in Moscow. He said there was no escape available to him, but he had been trying to get a job in a protected role as his only plan left.
He will fight to defend his motherland but not to kill people in foreign lands. Last night he had some mild optimism.

This morning, a few closest to him recieved a farewell email....

Mugshot

Über Member
Spoke with friend and colleague last night in Moscow. He said there was no escape available to him, but he had been trying to get a job in a protected role as his only plan left.
He will fight to defend his motherland but not to kill people in foreign lands. Last night he had some mild optimism.

Which sounds as though in his opinion, even once the rigged referendum votes are in, he would still not consider them to be Russian territory, was he able to give an indication of the feelings of his acquaintances in Russia, or even his thoughts on the mood of the nation?

Which sounds as though in his opinion, even once the rigged referendum votes are in, he would still not consider them to be Russian territory, was he able to give an indication of the feelings of his acquaintances in Russia, or even his thoughts on the mood of the nation?

No, he does not consider anything to do with the war in Ukraine as legitimate. I can't answer for the local mood or that of the nation as all recent conversations have been a bit 'guarded' so to speak for fear of who may be listening. it's a time of fear and uncertainty, that I could certainly detect.
Over a beer (or several) in the past it was clear he did not support the state machine, but was powerless to do anything. Many young and educated are in this situation and make the best of it.
He knows where there is an open door if he can escape, and I dearly hope we'll talk again.

What's awful too, is remembering all the other good people I have travelled and worked with over the years who will all be in the same boat. Decent, loving, caring, funny...all victims of location of birth.

Last edited:

matticus

Guru
Blimey:
Screenshot_20220924-163118.png

J

UPDATE: GREAT NEWS!
My friend escaped Russia to Khazakstan and is heading for Turkey. Flight, train, truck, 30km walk to border, truck, taxi, train. Partner and son hoping to fly to Turkey. Fingers crossed.
Bloody brave....

Top Bottom