War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Russia applying pressure?

IMG-20220925-WA0003.jpg

Tanis8472

Regular
I take it Putin hasn't learned from 1918 then!
:sad:

New Russian conscripts from mass mobilisation being sent straight to frontline, Ukraine says​

Peter Beaumont
Ukraine’s armed forces general staff has claimed some Russian conscripts from the Kremlin’s mass mobilisation are being sent directly to the frontlines in Ukraine without training.

Amid warnings from the UK’s Ministry of Defence and other experts that many of those conscripted were likely to get little meaningful training – and faced the risk of “high rates of attrition” when deployed – men recently mobilised by pro-Russian occupation officials in Ukraine were also being readied for the frontline.
Those included newly drafted personnel in Crimea as well as conscripts in the Luhansk region who have received draft summonses in recent days.
The latest moves came as it was reported that Russia has also closed its border to occupied areas of Ukraine with the neighbouring Rostov region for entry and exit ordering locals to appear at military enlistment offices within three days
The first wave of Russian conscripts have begun arriving for training in Russia amid widespread scepticism among outside western analysts over what impact the call up was likely to have on Russian capabilities in Ukraine.
Following Ukraine’s success in retaking thousands of square kilometres of territory in the Kharkiv region, heavy fighting was reported on Monday morning including in the area of Lyman in the Donetsk region.
Unconfirmed reports in the past 24 hours described Russian lines collapsing in some areas while video posted on social media was described as showing Ukrainian armour moving through at least one former Russian position littered with burned out vehicles.
“The lack of military trainers, and the haste with which Russia has started the mobilisation, suggests that many of the drafted [Russian] troops will deploy to the front line with minimal relevant preparation,” said the UK MoD.
The US based Institute for the Study of War was also highly dubious about how the likely effectiveness of the Russian mobilisation.
Noting that the Kremlin “is unlikely to overcome fundamental structural challenges”.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
J

UPDATE: GREAT NEWS!
My friend escaped Russia to Khazakstan and is heading for Turkey. Flight, train, truck, 30km walk to border, truck, taxi, train. Partner and son hoping to fly to Turkey. Fingers crossed.
Bloody brave....

Well, that is good news. He has bravely run away and left his partner and child to face the consequences.

Bloody brave :okay:

albion

Guru
What is noteworthy is that the weird nature draft shows that Putin is lying to the nation.
Not exactly unusual.

A worrying tine for Edward Snowden to be granted US citizenship.

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
The alternative was most likely bloody grave..
But now that will only be for his family, I am pretty sure the regime will not look kindly on people who have so obviously dodged the draft, let's just hope his child is not of nearly draftable age shall we?

And if they are shutting down air travel, it may be problematic for his family to get out of dodge.

Still, he is very bravely ok.

But now that will only be for his family, I am pretty sure the regime will not look kindly on people who have so obviously dodged the draft, let's just hope his child is not of nearly draftable age shall we?

And if they are shutting down air travel, it may be problematic for his family to get out of dodge.

Still, he is very bravely ok.

It’s all very well criticising his choices but you haven’t yet set out a detailed plan that tells us what you would do in similar circumstances.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It’s all very well criticising his choices but you haven’t yet set out a detailed plan that tells us what you would do in similar circumstances.

Why would I need to do that?

I assume you will hold off criticising the mini-budget from last Friday until you have detailed to us all your in-depth fiscal plans?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

he would run like fark........he's out of order, because until your faced with the proposition yourself, you wouldn't know how you would react. its so easy to comment from a safe ground.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

I assume you will hold off criticising the mini-budget from last Friday until you have detailed to us all your in-depth fiscal plans?

your out of order mate....until your faced with the proposition of being called up to defend your country in a sham war. Abusing others for defecting while sat in your nice safe house, in a safe country, warm clothes and good job, is down right wrong.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
he would run like fark........he's out of order, because until your faced with the proposition yourself, you wouldn't know how you would react. its so easy to comment from a safe ground.
:laugh:

I can tell you that I didn't run like fark in any of the similar situations I have found myself in.

It was a rhetorical point. Dismissing opinions of the Tories because the poster doesn’t have a fully worked out alternative is your regular MO.

Top Bottom