War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
:laugh:

I can tell you that I didn't run like fark in any of the similar situations I have found myself in.

That certainly was not being assigned as Trumps accountant.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Are you asking for evidence?

When someone says " i didn't run from a similar circumstance as the Russian's are currently facing", then you need to tell us what circumstance???

Because im 46 and since the 2nd world war, no one has been called up for an illegitimate war or to defend our country, like in Russia. So in essence he's talking absolute bullshit...

He also states, he was already in the army, so again, totally different to what's happening in Russia. As he was already someone who signed up to take part in WAR in the first place.

When someone says " i didn't run from a similar circumstance as the Russian's are currently facing", then you need to tell us what circumstance???

Because im 46 and since the 2nd world war, no one has been called up for an illegitimate war or to defend our country, like in Russia. So in essence he's talking absolute bullshit...

Do you know where men called up for National Service in the fifties were sent?

jowwy

Do you know where men called up for National Service in the fifties were sent?

KOREA.....but i dont think craig the cyclist was born then, the same as i wasnt. But that was also National service, which was required up until 1963.

but we arent talking national service here, but nice try

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
no one has been called up for an illegitimate war or to defend our country,
but I said......
I guess some would say yes.

Some people (even some on here) would say the war was illegitimate.

jowwy

but I said......

Some people (even some on here) would say the war was illegitimate.

but you was already in the army, you had already signed up for it.......its totally different to what's currently happening in Russia. You wanted to go and defend the country and was totally your choice

KOREA.....but i dont think craig the cyclist was born then, the same as i wasnt. But that was also National service, which was required up until 1963.

but we arent talking national service here, but nice try

My point was to refute your statement about people not being called up to defend their country after 1945.

As well as Korea, which you correctly identify, there was action for National Service men in Malaya, various parts of Africa and Cyprus where my other half's uncle was shot at by EOKA guys.

jowwy

My point was to refute your statement about people not being called up to defend their country after 1945.

As well as Korea, which you correctly identify, there was action for National Service men in Malaya, various parts of Africa and Cyprus where my other half's uncle was shot at by EOKA guys.

But they weren't called up...it was part of national service, which everyone from 17 -21 knew about. Its nothing like what is happening currently in Russia with its war on Ukraine.

But they weren't called up...it was part of national service, which everyone from 17 -21 knew about. Its nothing like what is happening currently in Russia with its war on Ukraine.

People I knew professionally and socially, men in the forties and fifties when I was in my twenties, who had been in the national service cohort referred to being called up. The process and the schemes for deferral for (eg) students and Tribunals for Conscientious Objectors closely followed those use in wartime.

I don't think pinhead dancing over the precise meaning of how he got to be in Cyprus would have cut much ice with Uncle Ed....

jowwy

People I knew professionally and socially, men in the forties and fifties when I was in my twenties, who had been in the national service cohort referred to being called up.

I don't think pinhead dancing over the precise meaning of how he got to be in Cyprus would have cut much ice with Uncle Ed....

again...nothing like whats happening in Russia/Ukraine, doesnt matter how many times you post it.

Did they have their doors knocked and handed papers?? or were they signed up as part of National Service that every 17-21 took part in, up until 1963??

Top Bottom