War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Misinformation refers to someone either passing on incorrect information deliberately to mislead, or not caring whether it was false.

I am happy to believe that @Beebo thought he was posting correct information in good faith.

Both misinformation and disinformation are forms of false information, the difference being the intention.

You’re just splitting hairs. Information must be fact checked before just assuming things. Otherwise we are as bad as the Russian regime.

D

Deleted member 49

Misinformation refers to someone either passing on incorrect information deliberately to mislead, or not caring whether it was false.

I am happy to believe that @Beebo thought he was posting correct information in good faith.

Both misinformation and disinformation are forms of false information, the difference being the intention.
Misinformation is incorrect information.
Disinformation is different,you were wrong.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Yes it was. Ukrainians were shooting down Russian missiles and the hits in Poland came from friendly fire. Everyone assumed it was damage from Ivan.

To a degree, it was damage from Ivan. If Russia were not firing missiles into Ukrainian cities, the Ukrainians would not need to be shooting them down. Unless, that is, you find it acceptable for a foreign power to be bombarding civilian targets?

Beebo

Veteran
You’re just splitting hairs. Information must be fact checked before just assuming things. Otherwise we are as bad as the Russian regime.

If you read the posts following my initial post it becomes quite clear that the initial assertion was incorrect. I’m more than happy to correct the situation, but there is no edit function in old posts.
If I kept banging the drum then you would have a point, but the misunderstanding was cleared up weeks ago, I’m unsure why you are raising this now.

matticus

Guru
There is a difference between misinformation and incorrect information.

I think I'm disinterested.

Start with Russian claims their deliberate attacks on shopping mals and busy train stations are lies for example, maybe let Putin tell that the parents faces.. oh wait he is to affraid to face the widows of the russian solders died, so he surely is to afraid to face parent that have lost their child.

albion

Guru
Speculation from Indian news is that Putin is in Belarus on Monday with Belarus themselves joining the war.
The headline from the Hindustain Times is 'Belarus to declare war'.

The major problem is that Russia has massed a lot in Belarus which is 140 miles from Kiev.
The west preventing Ukraine bombing Russia might well have inspired some of this, if it actually happens.

Speculation from Indian news is that Putin is in Belarus on Monday with Belarus themselves joining the war.
The headline from the Hindustain Times is 'Belarus to declare war'.
It's about every 2/3 months that they claim the same thing.
The major problem is that Russia has massed a lot in Belarus which is 140 miles from Kiev.
The west preventing Ukraine bombing Russia might well have inspired some of this, if it actually happens.
Belarus supplied a lot of vehicles equipment etc. to Russia and they train they mobilized solders there (amongst other places) but the Belarussian army is not equipped to lead an succesfull invasion nor start an war of attrition like the Russians are looking to do on the Donets, luchansk Crimea area. Last year in February they might have stood an change, now that border is heavily fortyfied, it would be an meat grinder.

albion

Guru
No mention of Belarus but a fresh assault in Kiev is expected.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/18/world/europe/ukraine-russia-war-winter.html
'Russian commanders, he said, “diligently maintain Putin’s illusion of the possibility of ‘victory,’ in order to, firstly, maintain Putin’s personal power, and secondly, to avoid harsh punishment for admitting loss.” '

I guess that is stating the obvious. I think Putin only really thinks about personal survival.

Top Bottom