Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

I just can’t believe many people still think the Tories are doing a good job. There’s nobody else who could take their place though. Could Hindsight Starmer do any worse? Maybe not.

This piece from 2007 in the Oxford Mail has resurfaced. Plus ça change.

In his 2007 book, Life in the Fast Lane: The Johnson Guide to Cars, Mr Johnson wrote that he just let the parking tickets pile up until they disintegrated in the rain on the windscreen of his old Fiat 128 - dubbed the Italian Stallion - as it had Belgian licence plates.

He wrote: "A Fiat 128 two-door saloon, 1.2 litres, the Italian Stallion was the trusty steed that emancipated me from the shackles of childhood.

"Before traffic wardens became bonus-hungry maniacs, and when it was still rare for a student to own any kind of car at all, I parked all over the place, my favourite spot in Oxford being the yellow lines by the squash courts in Jowett Walk.

"Sometimes, it is true, I got a ticket. But what did I care? The Stallion had Belgian plates.

"I let them pile in drifts against the windscreen until - in the days before they were even sheathed in plastic - the fines just disintegrated in the rain."

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/1453312.boris-dodged-parking-tickets/

D

Deleted member 28

Cause I'm a miserable twat !
It's a bit like asking a Wolves supporter why....it's not like your going to win anything.....

As most football teams in the league aren't, can't really see the connection myself, I support the team from where I'm born and bred. Novel I know.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Mmmmmm.....prophetic....

mjr

Of course, if Labour had got behind May's 'Brexit in name only' Johnson probably wouldn't even be PM and we wouldn't even be discussing the ridiculousness of outsourcing immigration processing to a distant African republic....
If May had ever proposed "Brexit In Name Only" then Labour might have got behind it. IIRC, May's Brexit was basically Johnson's Brexit without the yes-is-no-and-down-is-up Northern Ireland Protocol and a few other bits. May's stupid "red lines" kept BINO off the table.

mjr

As most football teams in the league aren't, can't really see the connection myself, I support the team from where I'm born and bred. Novel I know.
Why the fark would you support the team from the place where you just happened to be born by accident through no choice of your own, instead of the team from the place where you actually chose to make your home? That would be basically acting out a belief that there can be no real progress, no social mobility, no migration, no bettering oneself through education, hard work or dumb luck, that people should be trapped by their situation at birth.

Say no to being stuck supporting your birthplace team! Say yes to progress, hope and things getting better! Come on @shep, you can change for the better! Move on up!

D

Deleted member 28

Why the fark would you support the team from the place where you just happened to be born by accident through no choice of your own, instead of the team from the place where you actually chose to make your home? That would be basically acting out a belief that there can be no real progress, no social mobility, no migration, no bettering oneself through education, hard work or dumb luck, that people should be trapped by their situation at birth.

Say no to being stuck supporting your birthplace team! Say yes to progress, hope and things getting better! Come on @shep, you can change for the better! Move on up!

I'm only guessing this is an attempt at humour?

If not you've completely lost me.

Mugshot

Über Member
Of course, if Labour had got behind May's 'Brexit in name only' Johnson probably wouldn't even be PM and we wouldn't even be discussing the ridiculousness of outsourcing immigration processing to a distant African republic...
If the Tories had got behind May's deal Johnson probably wouldn't have been PM.

I thought it was an OK deal in the circumstances. It was Brexit but took into account the closeness of the vote. I seemed to be the only one who thought so though. Johnson was getting it 'oven ready', Corbyn was 'playing the long game' or 'playing a blinder', and nobody wanted to compromise. And so here we are.

Top Bottom