Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A really funny Rosie Holt tribute act was on Newsnight last night.

View: https://twitter.com/bbcnewsnight/status/1517260687898202112?s=21&t=LKvHLgvXBViXA9caZirDrA

mjr

I'm only guessing this is an attempt at humour?

If not you've completely lost me.
Satire, perhaps. I'm suggesting your football team support and your political team support are both driven by an opposition to social mobility. That's probably not the case but the outcomes would be the same if it were!

D

Deleted member 28

Satire, perhaps. I'm suggesting your football team support and your political team support are both driven by an opposition to social mobility. That's probably not the case but the outcomes would be the same if it were!

WTF are you talking about?

Why would I choose to support a football team from anywhere else other than where I was born and have always lived?

matticus

Guru
I'm suggesting your football team support and your political team support are both driven by an opposition to social mobility. That's probably not the case but the outcomes would be the same if it were!
So retaining emotional ties with your hometown is making a statement against social mobility??
Oh my ...

mjr

So retaining emotional ties with your hometown is making a statement against social mobility??
Oh my ...
Huh? Suggesting A implies B does not necessarily mean one believes that B implies A, plus also there are big differences between birthplace and hometown, and between supporting one's birthplace and suggesting everyone ought to. It is almost impressive to cram so much mischief into such a short post. How long did it take you?

matticus

Guru
Brevity is the soul of wit, my friend.

PaulB

WTF are you talking about?

Why would I choose to support a football team from anywhere else other than where I was born and have always lived?

My deepest commiserations on your team's relegation:laugh:. Although - it would have to be said - you do deserve it.

Top Bottom