Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
One of the Red Wall intake of new MPs, enabled by Corbyn's utter naivety*
*don't flame me
You don't think there's a tiny microcosm of a possibility that the unwashed masses' rejection of Corbyn in 2019 was perhaps fractionally less to do with his naivety, and perhaps in some small way connected to the entirety of mainstream media devouring itself in its frenzy to portray him as the baby-eating hatechild of Hitler & Fred West?

For clarity, I'm not a Labour supporter/voter.

multitool

Shaman
You don't think there's a tiny microcosm of a possibility that the unwashed masses' rejection of Corbyn in 2019 was perhaps fractionally less to do with his naivety, and perhaps in some small way connected to the entirety of mainstream media devouring itself in its frenzy to portray him as the baby-eating hatechild of Hitler & Fred West?

Exactly this.

This was his naivety. When he was elected as leader of the Labour party it was inevitable. It was like waiting for a car crash you knew was coming, and he was an open goal who willingly moved his own posts wider.

Electoral politics is not about morality or truth or honesty. It's about hard-nosed expediency.

Salty seadog

That or Brexit, we'll never really know what caused those red wall seats to swing.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
That or Brexit, we'll never really know what caused those red wall seats to swing.

you are probably correct, but, comments like the bolded bit below may just be as much a problem as the supposed influence of the media.

D

Deleted member 49

Exactly this.

This was his naivety. When he was elected as leader of the Labour party it was inevitable. It was like waiting for a car crash you knew was coming, and he was an open goal who willingly moved his own posts wider.

Electoral politics is not about morality or truth or honesty. It's about hard-nosed expediency.
Inevitable lol ..You do know that Corbyn gained 3.5m votes in 2017 with a manifesto that accepted the referendum result.Also most Labour MPs represented leave-voting seats.Im sure you also know that Labour lost 52 Leave-voting seats.
I get why most need to play the blame game,but not thinking the last election was basically another Brexit vote I find delusional.

Last edited by a moderator:

multitool

Shaman
All you say is true, but missing point of mine and Xipe's exchange.

It doesn't matter how many votes he gained (whilst still losing). What matters is that he made himself an absolute gift on a plate to the Tories and their client media. It was easy for them.

D

Deleted member 49

All you say is true, but missing point of mine and Xipe's exchange.

It doesn't matter how many votes he gained (whilst still losing). What matters is that he made himself an absolute gift on a plate to the Tories and their client media. It was easy for them.
Maybe he should of been a little more right wing ? It was one of the most disgusting smear campaigns we've witnessed.If that's what you call a gift to the Tories your right.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
Maybe he should of been a little more right wing ? It was one of the most disgusting smear campaigns we've witnessed.If that's what you call a gift to the Tories your right.

Here's how it works...

Rich people have grown rich under the status quo. Anything that threatens the status quo is a risk to their wealth and they will fight it.

Plus they own the media.

D

Deleted member 49

Here's how it works...

Rich people have grown rich under the status quo. Anything that threatens the status quo is a risk to their wealth and they will fight it.

Plus they own the media.
So Starmer doesn't threaten that in any way and he's in with a chance.Now I get it thanks.

Top Bottom