Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
And that 2017 near-miss always makes me reflect on the fact he, unlike his wood-and-Brylcreem successor, would almost certainly have been open to an arrangement with other left-leaning parties to keep the Tories out of power. Shame the then-head of Labour's North Britain Branch Office thought it was such a great idea to exhort Labour voters in Scotland to vote Tory in SNP/Conservative marginals, to "keep the Nationalists out", and in doing so help reduce the SNP from 54 to 35 seats. Look at what we might have won, eh?

Bet that's still a cause of occasional tension in the Dugdale/Gilruth household.

Oh! It was me all along! Me and my haplessly ornate and verbose circumlocutions!

Can't take me anywhere, can you?

Sorry to disappoint, it is not all about you. Even on here, you have competition. ;)

multitool

Shaman
If you don't vote Labour you get Tory. Not sure what planet you are on, Adam.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Sorry to disappoint, it is not all about you. Even on here, you have competition. ;)

I'm sorry if I misunderstood. It did appear you were suggesting my use of the phrase 'unwashed masses' was in some way more responsible for Labour's 2019 electoral disaster than Corbyn's demonisation by the popular media, or indeed Bodger Johnson's endless 'get Brexit done' rhetoric.

You see - there I was thinking it was an amusing-only-to-me reference to The Great Unwashed, a spectacularly obscure London/North Kent band from the mid '80s, who poached my band's drummer, recorded a one-off single (Yellow Rain, c/w Fire Burns) on Lambs To The Slaughter records, before disappearing into highly undeserved obscurity. They were actually very, very good and in a slightly more meritocratic world, should have been huge. :smile:

Obligatory John Peel meme.

p05d6znz.jpg

D

Deleted member 49

Ahhh....but you are wrong.

See Labour 97-2010. Lots happened
Lots happened lol.... we'll forget Iraq then 🙄
Can't believe that's what it's come to,reheated Blairism.Its 2023 ffs different times,we should be wanting better.Not some nostalgia for a neo liberal,austerity driven, pro war ghoul !

multitool

Shaman
Lots happened lol.... we'll forget Iraq then 🙄
Can't believe that's what it's come to,reheated Blairism.Its 2023 ffs different times,we should be wanting better.Not some nostalgia for a neo liberal,austerity driven, pro war ghoul !

You seem to be labouring under some misapprehensions here, the first of which is that enough people agree with you that your wishes could become a possibility. If this isn't the case and they don't, then what do you propose to do about it? Get a better job and buy the media?

I'm sorry to have to break it to you as you seem like a nice you man, but life isn't fair.

Top Bottom