Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
These are a step up though....I'm actually ashamed that Johnson is our PM.
Remember this guy? Now driving food supplies to Poland for Ukraine...

View: https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/1504871407607500803?t=PYGIbCQW4i0WNyaO9lklig&s=09

D

Deleted member 49

Rusty Nails

Country Member
And he’s doing it so modestly...........with a photographer on hand.

Lol....saw that and the other about him trying to worm himself back ?

View: https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/1504871342319013910?t=_Z2dzfBTq6_A5vNynS-pfg&s=19

Bit like a Arsonist turning up at the fire with a fire extinguisher 🙄

stowie

Putin keeps them on a tight rein so to speak....as in the Salisbury poisoning.A case of we don't forget !

In retrospect, the Salisbury poisoning was an extra-ordinary event. As well as the two intended victims, two other UK nationals were poisoned - from which one died. A policeman was seriously ill from contact with the poison and a number of other emergency staff had minor illness.

Russia used chemical weapons on British soil and caused British casualties.

The response meant that any Oligarch stepping out of line would never be safe anywhere, and no-one could do anything about it.

Definitely something that the rich elite of Russia would take note of.

stowie

ie, being a Politician, acting as expected.

I simply don't accept this. I don't believe it is true - all politicians are absolutely not the same, and even if it was it wouldn't let Johnson off the hook by reason of relativism. It would simply mean that our political issues were far bigger.

There is a malignancy surrounding the Tories and this government in particular. Moderates have been purged from the party. With every turn, sleaze is exposed. The government lies directly, both inside and outside Parliament. No matter who was in power, I have never before felt that the whole system is simply rotting from the inside out. Yet this is what is happening now.

mudsticks

Squire
I simply don't accept this. I don't believe it is true - all politicians are absolutely not the same, and even if it was it wouldn't let Johnson off the hook by reason of relativism. It would simply mean that our political issues were far bigger.

There is a malignancy surrounding the Tories and this government in particular. Moderates have been purged from the party. With every turn, sleaze is exposed. The government lies directly, both inside and outside Parliament. No matter who was in power, I have never before felt that the whole system is simply rotting from the inside out. Yet this is what is happening now.

The cynically lazy..

"Yeah, yeah, they're all the same"

Is exactly what that number of truly terrible self serving chancers want us to passively buy into, and I guess they imagine we will think ourselves terribly 'clever' for believing it to be so.

They're not all the same, not by a long shot.

icowden

Legendary Member
Is exactly what that number of truly terrible self serving chancers want us to passively buy into, and I guess they imagine we will think ourselves terribly 'clever' for believing it to be so.
They're not all the same, not by a long shot.
Indeed, and we are starting to see some Conservative MPs speak out against the cabinet a little. I still think it's sad that they didn't back Rory Stewart. He seems like a very decent man - both clever and articulate. Sadly populism won out - and we have all seen how that ends.

There are plenty of decent politicians, on both sides, it's just that most of the hardworking ones aren't interested in self-promotion.

There seem to be quite a few celebrities who have taken it on themselves to drive supplies to Poland. Surely this sort of thing is best done by people with experience of long distance driving or by agencies who can organise a coordinated response. There's plenty you can do without making the self promoting grand gesture. Raising money or packing soap and toothbrushes in a church hall doesn't look as cool as driving a transit to the Ukrainian border though I suppose.

Private Eye.
20220322_101209.jpg

Top Bottom