Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-admits-having-us-green-card-while-chancellor-12585472

“All laws and rules have been followed” has a certain ring to it. Perhaps he is ready for the top job after all.

mjr

Things aren't getting any easier for Mr Sunak.[...]
Holders of the green card are required to file US tax returns on their worldwide income – and also to make a legal commitment to "make the US your permanent home".

The pledge would seemingly be at odds with Mr Sunak's position as Chancellor of the United Kingdom, being a member of parliament since 2015 and minister since 2018, and the fact he lives on Downing Street.
It would be rather hypocritical for Boris to fire someone for not having a good grasp of the finer details of legal declarations. Boris famously isn't a details man.

Remember, Boris didn't fire someone for philandering and breaking covid restrictions: it was left to public outrage to make him resign.

Beebo

Veteran
So now Ms Murty will pay UK tax on all her income.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61045825

"I do this because I want to…”

Erm, no. If you’d wanted to, you wouldn’t have been shelling out what is an average yearly salary in the UK every year to avoid it!

I still feel there’s damage limitation going on here and things could be murkier under the surface.
And every single Tory MP who went on record to defend it now looks like an idiot.

D

Deleted member 49

Not too long ago it was "dishy Rishy" next PM blah blah....
Now Johnson believes he's got away partygate and every other fecking lie,I wonder who threw this out there 🙄

Mugshot

Über Member
Not too long ago it was "dishy Rishy" next PM blah blah....
Now Johnson believes he's got away partygate and every other fecking lie,I wonder who threw this out there 🙄
You have to tip your hat to whoever is looking out for him, there's no denying the man (Johnson) keeps getting away with it, deflecting it, and seeing off potential challengers.

Brexit fiasco has had Covid, Ukraine, P&O to blame
Sunak we've got the nom doms
Partygate we've got the Met and Ukraine
Over and over, again and again.

All the while we've got the useful idiots that can be wheeled out at every point to gaslight, who'll do it all again despite being made to look like utter donkeys after the last u-turn.
Meanwhile the public lap it up because, well, I don't know why really, it's all positively Trumpian.

On it goes, the man is Teflon.

D

Deleted member 49

You have to tip your hat to whoever is looking out for him, there's no denying the man (Johnson) keeps getting away with it, deflecting it, and seeing off potential challengers.

Brexit fiasco has had Covid, Ukraine, P&O to blame
Sunak we've got the nom doms
Partygate we've got the Met and Ukraine
Over and over, again and again.

All the while we've got the useful idiots that can be wheeled out at every point to gaslight, who'll do it all again despite being made to look like utter donkeys after the last u-turn.
Meanwhile the public lap it up because, well, I don't know why really, it's all positively Trumpian.

On it goes, the man is Teflon.
I've really got to the point where I can't stand to look at him,let alone listen.What the feck does it take in this country for people to see there taking the p1ss.Lie after lie and nothing done.

Mugshot

Über Member
Almost like there’s a whole state backed media operation supporting him.
There is, and I know about chip wrappers and a week being a long time, but even when they turn, and they have on occasions, pics of the Queen at Phil's funeral, Rishi and the nom dom etc, it's not sustained, at best we see a couple of points slip in the polls, then it's back up again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom