Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
Look you, none of that matters.

It’s an established fact that the Tory government only breaks the law in very limited and specific ways. And that’s ok.

The rest of you need to follow the rules, not the government!
That is a very good point, and I'm disappointed I didn't remember to add it to my little list.

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Does it have to be investigated and tried for it to be criminal? It's always a bit dicey when people can mark their own homework, and of course you'd like to keep things as narrow as possible to try to keep ethics and morality out it.
Off the top of my head Partygate, of course there's been a few convictions for their sexual proclivities, proroguing Parliament, trying to make asylum seeking illegal...
Seriously dodgy Patel and Israel, Sunak and the US healthcare meetings (while a US citizen), Johnson and Lebedev, cash for peerages, dodgy PPE contracts, the London laundromat...
We could include breaking their own laws, the ministerial code for example, lying to the house, cash for questions...
Personally I think that having more food banks than McDs have restaurants, tax breaks for spouses tax rises for workers, charging the public to heat your stables, unaffordable energy prices for millions, millions of children living in absolute poverty, the UN report on poverty in the UK, voting to pump shoot into rivers, removing people's right to protest, restricting people's right to vote, removing a £20 uplift to UC, homelessness rising, a cost of living crisis, Brexit, threatening to starve NI citizens, removing environmental protections, voting against workers rights, the carers allowance, the lack of protection for tenants, Grenfell, Windrush, the hostile environment and so on, are criminal too

There are any number of credible alternatives. The Greens, Labour, Plaid, SNP, Lib Dems, even the Tories themselves are capable of offering credible alternatives.
But of course you're not actually asking for a credible alternative, you want to shift the focus. With expected follow ups such as why aren't they showing better in the polls then, what about their policy on such and such then, why don't they have better LGBT representation if they're so keen on it then, and so on...
Impressive list.

just for absolute clarity though, maybe you could highlight the bits that involve proven criminality and not what you think is wrong or don't agree with?

Chucking around allegations and saying they are criminal and proven when they aren't is not helpful.

Impressive list.

just for absolute clarity though, maybe you could highlight the bits that involve proven criminality and not what you think is wrong or don't agree with?

Chucking around allegations and saying they are criminal and proven when they aren't is not helpful.
"My house is ablaze. I can't breathe. Send the fire brigade!"
"I'm sorry, I can't do that until you give me a chemical analysis of the smoke."

Mugshot

Über Member

Mugshot

Über Member

Milzy

So now Ms Murty will pay UK tax on all her income.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61045825

"I do this because I want to…”

Erm, no. If you’d wanted to, you wouldn’t have been shelling out what is an average yearly salary in the UK every year to avoid it!

I still feel there’s damage limitation going on here and things could be murkier under the surface.
Why would you pay millions to save a 150k a year job? Or yeah it’s worth it to keep on with the corruption to plunder more money for them & friends.

Why would you pay millions to save a 150k a year job? Or yeah it’s worth it to keep on with the corruption to plunder more money for them & friends.
I think there are some who could earn considerably more if they gave up politics but choose to try to make a positive difference for the people of this country.

I have never believed Sunak to be one of those. It’s just a means to a self-enriching end for him and most of his fellow travellers. They and their families are already wealthy beyond any human need. It’s a sickness.

On the face of it the headline is right, wealth alone shouldn't be a bar. The trouble is that what has been revealed is that he lacks integrity. That's what we need to consider when judging his fitness for office: does he speak truth without it being dragged from him.

And the answer is no.

Top Bottom