Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stowie

Totally agree, there will be a lot of Tory voters affected by the lockdown that will see this as him taking the piss and would find it hard to vote for him again, myself included, he'll be gone soon enough.

Plenty of time to get someone in who's electable though.

I have made a note of the date and time when we both agreed with each other. :laugh:

Where we will diverge is that I believe the entire cabinet and much of the wider Tory party is just as bad.

If I discount my belief that all of them should be fired and never get anywhere near power, I have the following thoughts.

Sunak would have seemed like a choice that would have worked, but recently he seems to be pretty divisive within the Tory party. Plus it was easy to be popular with the public during the pandemic when is was giving money away, not sure this will last as he is seen hiking taxes during a cost of living crisis.

Liz Truss clearly feels ready for the top job which is a magnificent triumph of ambition over ability. She would be my choice because at least it would be entertaining and would give Labour a good chance of winning the next election.

The office of Home secretary should give Patel the springboard for a leadership bid, but I cannot see it. She is already way above her head in that role.

The rest of the senior cabinet were selected by Johnson based solely on their slavish adherence to his Brexit and the willingness to defend him rather than any particular ability.

There may be some wild card options (such as Hunt) but since the ERG appear to be running to Tories currently, I expect they will insist upon a candidate that is aligned with them. Which sort of rules out anyone sensible.

Maybe they will get a sudden dose of introspection, realise they are massively unsuited to their jobs and resign en-mass handing the reigns over to a national unity government headed by Starmer to repair the damage done by their stupidity?

There - I thought I would follow up your post with one you definitely wouldn't agree with ^_^

mjr

Good question, I'd give the White bird a chance.
Is that sexist and racist, or just sexist and there's some contender called White who I didn't notice?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
The lack of enthusiasm on the part of the Met to investigate the crimes at Downing Street began to make a bit more sense today when I learned that the Deputy Assistant Commissioner of the Met is Sajid Javid's brother.

Now I understand what's meant when they talk about being "all in it together"

D

Deleted member 49

stowie

Is that sexist and racist, or just sexist and there's some contender called White who I didn't notice?

I assumed he meant :

1642178525950.png

Seagulls are noisy and strut around a lot whilst trying to steal from you or shoot on you from a great height. I think they would fit in perfectly with the Tory party ethos.

Beebo

Veteran
The lack of enthusiasm on the part of the Met to investigate the crimes at Downing Street began to make a bit more sense today when I learned that the Deputy Assistant Commissioner of the Met is Sajid Javid's brother.

Now I understand what's meant when they talk about being "all in it together"
Plus you can’t get in or out of Downing Street without Police officers seeing you. Sometimes they patrol the garden and roof too.
Did they check bags for alcohol? Did they see drunk people leaving? Did they hear noise?
How did they miss so many parties?
So many questions to answer.
It’s quite clear that they turned a blind eye.

PaulB

I assumed he meant :

View attachment 553

Seagulls are noisy and strut around a lot whilst trying to steal from you or shoot on you from a great height. I think they would fit in perfectly with the Tory party ethos.
We have an outdoor cycle track (The Stephen Burke track) 2 miles from my house but these infernal beasts prevent access from just before dawn until about one hour after daybreak every morning. I was on there on Tuesday as dawn broke and a huge flock of them circled the top (nearest canal) grassy circle in the eerie mist. They looked to be about to settle when my appearance with my bright Petzl bike light shook them back into the air. They tolerated me on the top circle of the lap twice more then went into defensive mode. As I went up the back straight headed for the circle, they flew low en-masse towards me and blocking my route with some going into dive-bomb readiness. I know they're only birds but when they're threatening, they do get very frightening especially when there's 50-60 of the buggers!

Top Bottom