A real racist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
What is? Racism? Because I can't see any firm immigration policies. Maybe they're written in terrible newspapers so I've missed them?

If there are no firm immigration policies, what are you moaning about?

All must be well, let's get on with life.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
If there are no firm immigration policies, what are you moaning about?

All must be well, let's get on with life.

I'm not moaning about anything. I'm just curious about this firm immigration policy.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It seems we may be on the brink of a free trade agreement with India. That will probably be accompanied by an immigration policy that increases the number of people from that country coming here.

The law of Brexit Unintended Consequences...and much spluttering into their cups of coffee by real racists.

multitool

Shaman
I wonder, do you use that nonsense down the pub?

"I say old chap, you are walrusing me by your failure to address the substantive issue, even by mansplaining or a strawman argument, which is tantamount to whitesplaining a logical fallacy."

(Several customers head for the exit).

Depends who I'm talking to. Unless they are an idiot then yes.

Well, you did ask.

Too many posters on here bellow 'racist' at anyone who so much as mentions race or who doesn't share their opinion.

This became beyond satire recently when a poster was taken to task for listing the three most polluting countries in the world.

It's clear some need to re-calibrate their definition of racist.

To help start the process, here's a story about real, genuine, nailed on racist, both online and in real life.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-66383667

Classic trolling

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Contrary to what some would like it to be, this forum is less the Oxford Union Debating Society with its worthy interlocutors, than a discussion down the pub between people, mostly with a social conscience, and with an interest in, but very little actual expertise/experience in, politics.

It is an unmoderated, privately owned forum with very few, if any, rules and, yes, it does get adversarial, but as in any such situation people quite legitimately use different tactics to (as they see it) get one over on the opposition, including insulting or goading/trolling. Neither of these types of response are edifying but both are cheeks of the same arse when things turn adversarial.

And the saddest thing about it all is that none of this really makes any difference at all to anyone bar the protagonists.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
Another neo-Nazi nutter hears the clang of the prison gates.

Sad thing about this one is there was a chance to lock him up a few years ago, but that judge bought the old line of 'he's changing'.

This time we are told there are 'green shoots' of an improvement in his attitudes.

All very well, but in this case I would be worried about what those shoots will grow into.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66399561

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
It has to be, doesn't it? Otherwise it's just racists like Paley and CXWhothefark and Shep going 'but look at the Chinese and the Indians!'

There then followed some hook wriggling on your part when a couple of other posters pointed out it is not racist to mention a country.

Have you now grasped that mentioning a country, or even a race, is not racist?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Paley. No amount of wounded victim-play on your part is going to browbeat me out of the entirely unexceptionable observation that you're a massive racist, as well as some other unflattering descriptors that are less salient to the subject of this thread. If you want people to think better of you, cultivate a less repugnant online persona.

This pattern has been clear for a while. White supremacy emerged not just because people felt like thinking up ideas that were going to get a lot of people killed but because it was useful to protect barbaric but highly profitable actions. The age of scientific racism begins alongside the transatlantic slave trade, it is a rationale for that brutality. If we are going to respond to climate change by fortressing our borders, then, of course, the theories that would justify that, that create these hierarchies of humanity, will come surging back. There have been signs of that for years, but it is getting harder to deny because you have killers who are screaming it from the rooftops.

That's Naomi Klein, in case anyone is still (in good faith) failing to join the dots. Whilst I hold my hands up at using a few antagonistic forum relationships as a sort of backboard for shooting practice, I doubt that her main driver is to traduce poor Pale Rider.

Cowboy Clint starting a thread about the colour of other people's skin (as an attempt to justify his casual racism) has turned into a thread highlighting the thiness of his skin.

irony.gif

Top Bottom