Brexit is going wonderfully as shown by these examples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire

Tanis8472

Regular
The whole area between Skegness and Boston is full of racist, xenophobic people.
I hear it at work and have had arguments because of it.

Anyway, a bit off topic.

Milzy

"We should be looking after 'our own' first"

Usually said by people who will rarely lift a finger to help anyone.. 😟

Who have you helped recently? I bet you wouldn’t like asylum seekers housed near you. They remind me of wind farms, yes we should welcome them with open arms as long as they’re not near me. That’s the usual attitude.

the snail

Who have you helped recently? I bet you wouldn’t like asylum seekers housed near you. They remind me of wind farms, yes we should welcome them with open arms as long as they’re not near me. That’s the usual attitude.

Neither would bother me. Maybe there are asylum seekers housed near me, how would I know? My partner has an asylum seeker as a tenant, I don't see any problem.

mudsticks

Squire

At the risk of being accused of virtue signalling I have helped with local refugee support, of various kinds.
Both practical and financial.

I'd happily house some here if I had suitable accommodation.
I do already offer space to people needing somewhere to stay in the short term.

It's something my family always did, and I continue with.
It's a two way street of reciprocity, I've usually had the warmest of welcomes from those with the least when I've travelled abroad too.

Great for broadening ones perspective on the world 👍🏼

D

Deleted member 28

Neither would bother me. Maybe there are asylum seekers housed near me, how would I know? My partner has an asylum seeker as a tenant, I don't see any problem.

If you lived in Shrewsbury you would know.

D

Deleted member 121

I bet you wouldn’t like asylum seekers housed near you. They remind me of wind farms

Yes, i can see your point.

WideeyedOpenChevrotain-mobile.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
Yes, i can see your point.

View attachment 3242

Oh c'mon Dave, It's a 'well known fact' that asylum seekers kill migrating birds 🙄

Tbh they're probably just jealous of their freedom to travel.

Milzy

Oh c'mon Dave, It's a 'well known fact' that asylum seekers kill migrating birds 🙄

Tbh they're probably just jealous of their freedom to travel.

Brilliant, great banter, better than those threads with those other people just insulting each other with venom. 😂

mudsticks

Squire
Looks like I’ll need to answer my own question so I googled ‘asylum seekers Shrewsbury’ and it appears that, in the whole of Shropshire, there’s a single hotel being used to accommodate 60 asylum seekers and, erm, that’s about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No talk of being 'overrun'??
Or 'swamped'??

Funny that, not in our similarly sized town, with similarly sized accommodation neither.

It's almost as if no one really minds, or is even quite pleased to be able to help 🤔

albion

Veteran
The relentless propoganda sucks you in.

It is easy to forget we have one of the lowest percentage of asylum seekers in Europe.
Brexit increased it by reducing cooperation with France. But it is still relatively low.

Last edited:
Top Bottom