Can the (Met) police ever change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Given that police forces are accused of being institutionally racist & misogynistic (ignoring the basically criminal), who does the vetting of new recruits, and who provides the training?

mudsticks

Squire
Well, I thought I would see what percentage of Police officers were Female and that was the first article I saw.
Thought you would appreciate it. 😉

I hope you enjoyed reading it thoroughly to check you were appraised of all the facts 👌🏼

And that it wasn't too long for you. 🙄

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Hey shep, I hear you're reading the Grauniad (that's an in-joke I'd be happy to explain to you).
Fancy joining Arlo, Minty and me for some hot aqua pilates sometime? We can stop off for a bashed avo on sourdough-rye breakfast en route.

D

Deleted member 28

Hey shep, I hear you're reading the Grauniad (that's an in-joke I'd be happy to explain to you).
Fancy joining Arlo, Minty and me for some hot aqua pilates sometime? We can stop off for a bashed avo on sourdough-rye breakfast en route.

Yeah no worries, I'll do that after I've downed my 6 pints of mild and a pork pie.

multitool

Shaman
Depends on the age of the student and the era.

Oh certainly. Attitudes, and the law, have changed over the decades.

I'm old enough to have been in 6th form when two or three girls (it was usually girls) in that cohort were going out with male teachers; typically guys of 23/4 in the first or second year in the profession. I suspect there was plenty of 'banter' from colleagues.....

Well, that has been an imprisonable criminal offence for 20 years. Of course, it still happens but safeguarding culture in education is super tight.

Staffroom banter? You'd be looking at minimum 40 years ago for that to even be a possibility, but even then I'd be surprised.

I'd posit that police banter over sex with victims was a certainty at one-time. Now? I'd be very surprised if it was open. Small pockets of close colleagues certainly given those two idiot policeman thought it was OK to share photos of murdered sisters on their WhatsApp group. They did get caught though, and IIRC it was through whistle-blowing. See also my anecdote of acquaintance who was given final written-warning after colleagues complained of sexist and homophobic language in a team meeting. This wasn't the Met, though, which is regarded as a cess pool by other forces.

D

Deleted member 28

Oh certainly. Attitudes, and the law, have changed over the decades.

Well, that has been an imprisonable criminal offence for 20 years. Of course, it still happens but safeguarding culture in education is super tight.

Staffroom banter? You'd be looking at minimum 40 years ago for that to even be a possibility, but even then I'd be surprised.

I'd posit that police banter over sex with victims was a certainty at one-time. Now? I'd be very surprised if it was open. Small pockets of close colleagues certainly given those two idiot policeman thought it was OK to share photos of murdered sisters on their WhatsApp group. They did get caught though, and IIRC it was through whistle-blowing. See also my anecdote of acquaintance who was given final written-warning after colleagues complained of sexist and homophobic language in a team meeting. This wasn't the Met, though, which is regarded as a cess pool by other forces.

Where the f**k have you sprung up from anyway?

You're obviously pretty well educated but you do come across as a pedantic nause, you got any hobbies related to cycling?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Where the f**k have you sprung up from anyway?

You're obviously pretty well educated but you do come across as a pedantic nause, you got any hobbies related to cycling?

LOL. Long-time CC member, different name. Definitely does bicycles.

multitool

Shaman

And you come across as the sort of person who has hair growing out of his ears, smells of dog biscuits, and offers unsolicited advice on playing fruit machines in a pub.

Friends?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

And you come across as the sort of person who has hair growing out of his ears, smells of dog biscuits, and offers unsolicited advice on playing fruit machines in a pub.

Friends?

I would imagine most on here have hair growing out of their ears, I've never played a fruit machine and haven't got a dog but apart from that you're spot on.

Top Bottom