Can the (Met) police ever change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Are you Alanis Morrisette?

Have you seen the lyrics? She has no idea what irony is either.
"If it rains on your wedding day, that's a coincidence, not an irony. If you win the lottery and drop dead before claiming the money, it's good luck followed by bad luck. If you meet the man of your dreams and then meet his beautiful wife, it's a bummer. But if a song called "Ironic" contains no irony, is that in itself ironic?" asks Bob Harris

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I think that was the point of @thecloud's comment.

Frenchpolicemanalloallo_220x.jpg

spen666

Mark Jenkinson has opened his fat gob. Another 2019 entrant.

It's one car.

Didn't realise that there had to be a set number of cars before an action could be described as woke?

D

Deleted member 121

"Mr Jenkinson also suggested when it comes to cars, it might be better ensuring its existing fleet was safe, citing the death on duty of PC Nicholas Dumphreys, 47, whose faulty BMW squad car careered out of control on the M6 as he responded to an incident in 2020."

A disgraceful attempt to use a mans death to justify (unjustifiably) an argument that is absolutely unrelated in even the most vague way.

PC Nicholas Dumphrey's car ignited when a (relatively) common failure point of the BMW N57 engine happened and spewed oil into the hot engine bay, igniting the oil, causing his fatality.

How this relates to a car being covered in a few stickers is completely lost on me. If you're going to make a point on a matter, especially someone of Mr Jenkinson's position, at least make effing sense...

mudsticks

Squire
Casey report now out and looks even worse than expected. Not just racist, homophobic, and sexist, incompetent and corrupt too. Wonder if they'll look at breaking up the force into smaller areas.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...t-misogynistic-homophobic-louise-casey-report

It looks pretty much like what we've been hearing about for years.
Routinely deflected with

"Oh but it's just a free bad apples"

Or

"Well what do you expect?? The pols just reflect society, I wouldn't want their job"

Probably i just don't see how you solve issues that way, seems to me the key issues need adressing.

I'm inclined to agree, dividing the 'service' up into boroughs or whatever will take years of restructuring and won't really change anything if the underlying 'culture' (nasty) and attitudes (utterly unacceptable) don't change.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...eport-unearths-misogyny-homophobia-and-racism

There may even be the risk of some areas becoming even worse policed, if the better quality officers gravitate towards the more scrupulously run areas, and the less bothered towards a laxer regime.

If there's a chance of retaining the decent officers already there, change has to start right now, with a zero tolerance of the toxic culture.

Unless that happens right away, then what little trust is left will be further eroded, and the whole system, such as it is collapses.

Top Bottom