Cardiff electric bike incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
Shocking comment that mate.

Shocking why? Why should the police not try to deal with unlicensed riders on an non road legal vehicle? Why did the parents buy a non road legal vehicle for their unlicensed son and allowed him to drive it? What would you have said if they crashed into someone?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Shocking why? Why should the police not try to deal with unlicensed riders on an non road legal vehicle? Why did the parents buy a non road legal vehicle for their unlicensed son and allowed him to drive it? What would you have said if they crashed into someone?

Think that one has already been answered upthread ^

Only if it was my own grandma obviously 🙄
But they didn't,looks like a terrible accident and they killed themselves.

Nah more like deprivation,distrust,disillusionment which can have a devastating effect on kids.I never mentioned elderly thats your silly angle.

Belfast ?

D

Deleted member 49

Maybe I'm a touch sensitive when two kids are dead.
But regardless of if you think it's right to blame the parents when they've just lost a child...to come out with the comment "sound like candidates for a Darwin award" for me is wrong.

ebikeerwidnes

It is sad that 2 kids have been killed

But - based on what I have seen - the Police were not to blame

and - at the end of the day - pretty much the same people who are saying how terrible all this is - are the same ones that would otherwise have been complaining about all these kids tearing around the estate on ebikes (i.e. mopeds) and on and off pavements and what are the Police doing about it!!

still - feel sorry for their parents - can;t imagine what they are feeling

Reactions: C R

Milzy

And the moon landings were filmed in a back lot in Hollywood

I hope not, but it’s possible. They no longer have the capabilities to go to the moon in 2023 even if money was no object and technology has advanced astronomically since the 60’s not to mention deadly radiation. Quite strange.

D

Deleted member 121

I hope not, but it’s possible. They no longer have the capabilities to go to the moon in 2023 even if money was no object and technology has advanced astronomically since the 60’s not to mention deadly radiation. Quite strange.

That's BS. Of course they have the capabilities to go to the moon. By capabilities im assuming you mean "technical capabilities". What they lacked was 3 things.

1. Money.
2. People giving a shït
3. Another superpower waving his chubby... Although that is changing.

Actually come to think of it, this is not really the thread for this exchange. Although all my exchanges with Milzy makes me feel like im pïssed off my face in a pub talking to some random goomba about stuff and is alarmingly addictive.

PK99

Regular
Tear Jerker pic in the Press:
Cardiff kids.png

CCTV still of them on the bike in question:

Cardiff bikers.png

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
looks like the 'bike' (motorbike) was an early present for his 16th birthday

must be nice to get a present of well over £4000
I wonder if they have the receipt for their early £4,000 birthday present?
It will have a serial number so the police will be able to find out when it was manufactured and sold.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65734720

“Ms Murphy, whose sister is Harvey's mother, claimed her nephew had been "arrested 30 times over the last two years, and there's been not one charge that's stuck".

It will have a serial number so the police will be able to find out when it was manufactured and sold.

“Ms Murphy, whose sister is Harvey's mother, claimed her nephew had been "arrested 30 times over the last two years, and there's been not one charge that's stuck".

In that article she seems to say that interaction with Police at that level is normal for teenage boys....

• Wow
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
In that article she seems to say that interaction with Police at that level is normal for teenage boys....

Well yes. I have a 16 year old too. Never even spoken to a police officer.
She’s currently spending every waking hour revising for her GCSEs to the extent that we as parents are asking her to stop revising so much.
These boys were in the middle of their GCSEs too.
It’s amazing how much society and surroundings shape an individual.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Harassment of young working class men by the police is endemic. You don't have to think of them as angelic to understand that this is both unethical and counterproductive. If your kids are fortunate enough to be in a position where they're not subject to this, well that's all good.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Aye, there are some choice comments in that article, from the Aunt, plus the usual "loveable", "mischievous" crap.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
30 arrests with no charge in 2 years is ridiculous and not normal. I doubt the full details of this will ever come to light which will only fuel further speculation from any side.

Top Bottom